Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Dad'ds treasure story Part II

hydrodog

we had now a few bucks to work with. These funds , I think , came from a lawyer in LA. ( possibly these funds came from the sale of a bracelet supposedly found while the YF was digging in the tunnel)
the tunnel was enlarged a bit and this chamber appeared at the end,
WE tunneled in the horizontal shaft until we noticed a place in the floor the earth was disturbed showing a round shaft appearing to go down . When hitting disturbed earth , it tends to fall away from the original digging. so it is easier to dig. But this still didn't make the shuttle work any easier. but we didn't have to use dynamite.
We noticed something very strange in this chamber. There was ( I think ) and iron "eye " in the ceiling. Could this be used for block and tackle??
All this digging took many days as one can imagine. Bob and I took off some vacation days so we could dig . This was really a back breaker. Glad we were young.
We We got detector readings all over the chamber. but our equipment at that time was only my Fisher T-20 ( yes that long ago.) and not sure what Bob had.
We started the vertical shaft but realized it was very hard to dig at first. ( clay). We brought in a compressor and jack hammer . There was no air in the tunnel and was very hard to breathe.
We thought the material used in this part of the vertical shaft was maybe mixed . We found Daisies mixed in the clay when we got it in the sunlight. We went down in this vertical shaft about 30ft. We stopped when we hit water.
We went back to the main part of the chamber and started to explore to the right and left of the tunnel. We hired a frilling out fit with a 2ft. diameter drill head . This was brought down to the beach via a bulldozed road. We had to hire the operators also for the bulldozer and drill rig.
We wanted to bore a horizontal hole from the beach into the bottom of the area to the left of the chamber. This hole would be about ten ft. below the tunnel opening.
I was in the cleared area to the left of the chamber when I felt a vibration. I had my headset on and was working my MD. I raised my legs out of the way just as the 2ft drill head came through the wall slammed into the far wall of the cleared area. I had a few words with the fellas on the outside. then went back to work. I would have lost both my legs if I had not felt the vibration of the drill head.
WE finally abandoned this operation with Bob and I getting our share . Of the excercise and experience ,,,,that is.
I have no proof of anything being found at this site. However , after Bob and I left, there could have been others involved.
The YF is the owner of the white Cadillac that was shot at some time after we left the site. While dynamiting and also we thought we would hit pay dirt in the vertical shaft, we did hire a guard to close the road above the tunnel opening.This guard ran a pig hunting guide service when not helping us.
Ray save this as this may be the only history left of this site.
Takecare, Love DAD

I guess to many treasure hunts end that way. At least they had a little adventure. Thanks for sharing that hydrodog.

Theres just something about treasure hunting that brings out the best in us! Thanks Hydrodog!

I have tried my hand at searching for spanish treasure too.... alas, nothing came of it but sore backs and aching body.... But at the time, before we found nothing, I was a wealthy man.... at least the dreams of sudden found wealth made me so. :):

fair winds

Micheal