Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Deeptech experiences

Getoffmyland

I had 3 deeptechs during COVID

A brand new Vista Gold Gain
A used Vista Gold Gain
A used Smart pro(not plus)

I loved the recovery and the fact I could pick up items the size of a pin head which took ages to find as they were so small.

The new one kept going nuts and when a knob broke I sent it to LP in the UK for repair. It came back with the same problem, it would go really sensitive and was uncontrollable.

So I purchased a used one to see if it was me or the detector. Definitely was the new detector.

I then had the Smart plus and found it more sensitive than the gold gains.

An example was a 35mm Kodak film cartridge. The gains could not see it but the smart had it. Amazing as the is not much silver on the films.

I would like to try the Smart plus pro but no funds atm, also the resale values are low against the minelabs.

Just sold my Equinox800 and was not impressed with it's depth although I do swing fast. Targets moved around and disappeared. Still dug up iron like any other detector will at times.