Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Detecting "Rig"

One of my detecting buddies is always after me to sell him my "detecting rig" as he calls it. He seems really envious about how well everything fits.

I like the way it works for me. Just thought I'd share some pictures of it in case any of you want to put together something like it.... ,And for you poor souls in the Northeast right now, this will at least give you something besides snow to look at. (We'd love to have all that snow in New Mexico. Any chance you could push it this way???)

Let me explain the components of my "rig":

I got the belt at REI. It is made by Patagonia. It is infinitely adjustable and has a hidden zippered pouch along about 6 inches of it. I put a little emergency cash in mine and also put really good coin/token finds in it while in the field to keep them from getting scratched by other items in my pouch.

The Lesche digger hangs on my left side in its sheath. The pistol probe fits nicely alongside the digger blade. The shaft is a little longer than the sheath so it rides a little high. (I used to have the 8" pistol probe but lost it. Too bad. It fit perfectly) LOVE those pistol probes - really fit the hand well. Got mine at Reilly's Treasured Gold. They no longer sell the 8" - just the 10" (Crying shame! The 8" was perfect - the 10" is a little too long.)
The pouch hangs on my right side. LOVE this pouch. It's AWP brand and I've seen them for sale at harbor freight and Lowe's, but I haven't seen one exactly like mine in some time. The great thing about it is all the pockets

This is the way I use it: The big pocket is for junk. I keep a brush in it that has nylon bristles on one side and brass bristles on the other. It also has a clip which I use to clip to the side of the pouch so I don't lose it. Works great for brushing the crust off non-valuable finds. (Got that at Harbor Freight).

The pocket that would probably hold a tape measure for an actual working man holds my eight ounce water bottle. Anything taller has a tendency to fall out.

The middle pocket holds my common finds: modern coins and junk jewelry.

The upper pocket holds the better stuff - rings, wheats, non-valuable silver coins and the like.

The leather slide on one side holds my ProPointer like it was made for it. Absolutely perfect fit!

The other leather slide holds a little flashlight I got at Target. Only takes one AA battery yet puts out an AMAZING beam of light. With the attached lanyard it's a tight fit, but I always like having a light available.

The rings on the pouch are great for holding my pick or trenching tool when I'm detecting the ghost towns.

So... there it is. Hope you enjoyed looking.

I'd love to see how others do it, as well as read any comments or suggestions.

Nice rig with good features. I love to fiddle with my rig,H type suspenders with combat pistol belt and pouches galore. I wear my entrenching tool on the left in a carpenters hammer ring. Most of my detecting is far from civilization so my rig doesn't have to look "civilized".

Hi,
Please post a magnifying glass along with your pics next time - all I can see is absolutely tiny.
hh
skookum

:rofl:
Boy, ain't that the truth! I sure would love to know the secret of staying under the size limit but getting the big pictures!