Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Deus Experience

DrJoeprime

Nice to see this forum started.

I've had my XP Deus for 14 months now ...and it's True Love!

I'm located in Southern California and have primarily hunted the beaches dry and wet. For the wet I have the Surfmaster PI (my first love) and a newer Sand Shark. Does the Deus work in the wet sand? YES! Absolutely. Of course it won't beat the PI's for depth but it will give a better indication of what it is on the less deep items. I haven't run depth tests but I get a good VDI at close to 6" ... clad quarter or silver ring. Going from tones alone it may be deeper but I need more experience at that since the PI's are my go to machines for that.

Until just recently the majority of my Deus experience has been on the dry sand. Easier to dig everything is the main reason. Coming from the Fisher F-4 (which is a good machine) and going to the Deus was a humbling experience. Kind of like going from a Honda Civic ( I got one) to a F12berlinetta (the latest Ferrari and I don't got one). My first day out (December 2010) was a joke. I dug up 300 pieces of tiny foil ... and by tiny I mean barely visible! Of course I did get a few coins but no gold like I was expecting. I came home super frustrated. I read some great posts on the UK site which was exclusively for XP owners...read the manual again and again and did some deep thinking. I figured out that I needed to up my Discrimination. Foil would come in at under 35 95% of the time. My next experience was a delight. I redid all nine of the preset programs with disc at 35. I checked a dozen of my gold rings and the average VDI (at 18K frequency) was about 40 with highs about 80 and lows about 30. I finally did get some gold rings...checking my records at least three. Most of my gold rings though came with the PI.

I've tried to graduate to dirt detecting with the Deus. My previous experience in the dirt was with the F-4 and my landfill site from the late 1940's. The F-4 found a few dozen silver coins there and one broken silver ring and many pieces of silver jewelery (amazing what gets thrown away). The last half dozen hunts there got me nothing with the F-4 and my first hunt with the Deus was a disaster because I'd get 5 to 7 targets per swing. So I basically gave up on the site. It's a great place...half mile from home and Nobody ever there. In the last few months I've been concentrating on the 4K frequency and it has made a big difference. Silver quarters come in at a VDI of about 85 and crown caps at 95. I hunted many trash sites and couldn't believe the coins coming out. Even the occasional silver. But clad hunting is not very entertaining (for me) and so I went back to the Landfill. I used the DEUS FAST program and almost hyperventilated at how each signal came in perfectly and accurately. I had to slow way way down and investigate each signal but it was really fun to know what is there. I only covered a small area but got a piece of jewelery and a couple of wheat pennies. No silver on that hunt but it opened up the site like a brand new spot. In fact I might end this post a bit early to get out there after my lunch and shower.

It's taken me a longish time to get very comfortable with the Deus but I attribute that more to the amazing sensitivity of the machine. Sticking with the programs BASIC 1 or BASIC 2 for 2 months solid is the advice I'd give to relative newbies (like me). They are very stable and make the detecting experience with this "Ferrari" much easier to learn.

Regards, Joe

DrJoeprime said:
It's taken me a longish time to get very comfortable with the Deus but I attribute that more to the amazing sensitivity of the machine. Sticking with the programs BASIC 1 or BASIC 2 for 2 months solid is the advice I'd give to relative newbies (like me). They are very stable and make the detecting experience with this "Ferrari" much easier to learn.

Regards, Joe

Great post! Exactly what I am doing to learn mine!

Great going. I was so lucky with the Deus in the last season, that i was able to pay half of the detector cost with the found coins and gold.:inlove: Hopefully i am as lucky this season to find so much stuff, that i can pay the whole detector in just two hunting seasons.:clap:

DrJoeprime said:
I used the DEUS FAST program and almost hyperventilated at how each signal came in perfectly and accurately.
Regards, Joe

Sounds like the exact same reaction I had when I first used Deus Fast :yikes:........it's a real eye opener.

I use Deus for some 20 months now in Poland, detector is very effective, user friendly, light, versatile and light. During that time detector has paid for itself 2 times. It is a real pleasure to use so I plan to have second Deus as a backup.

Denar1 - just get the large coil and you will have your second detector...

Large coil is not for me, I have tried but I prefer standard coil, it have plenty of depth and is pleasure to use. I am rather thinking about Deus Lite, perhaps with wireless phone only.