Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Deus showed up today

Jason in TN

Got it charged up and played with it a little bit. Man this thing is fast. Got some reading to do. Going to take some time ti figure it out. Few questions. Does the small coil that comes on it get good depth already thinking I need a bigger coil may have one on order soon. Also mine the box clips on no magnet is this something new.

Thanks

Jason

They changed from the magnet to the clip. The larger coil is much heavier. From what I've seen and read, it goes anywhere from 1 to 3 inches deeper. In my ground I'd say it gained an inch but does cover more area. The stock coil will find a dime at 8" and possibly more in the right soil and with the right settings.

Stock coil with a low disc, and reactivity and a high sensitivity in clean ground Pescadore and I have both hit a 10" dime and 12" quarter that I buried a few months back. The numbers are hit or miss on both but the machine will pick them up as solid targets. My Tx power was on 3, unsure of his. Good luck with it, if you want to really have fun with it, go to a park and crank disc to about 70 in 18khz and go slow around the pavillions and such that are trashy and listen for high blips, then investigate them. You might be surprised whats 1-4 inches deep in the trash.

DirtAngler said:
They changed from the magnet to the clip. The larger coil is much heavier. From what I've seen and read, it goes anywhere from 1 to 3 inches deeper. In my ground I'd say it gained an inch but does cover more area. The stock coil will find a dime at 8" and possibly more in the right soil and with the right settings.

Thanks for the info. Do you use the big coil much? If it is much heavier I would think it would be real nose heavy with nothing to balance it on the back.

Jason

Jason in TN said:
DirtAngler said:

Thanks for the info. Do you use the big coil much? If it is much heavier I would think it would be real nose heavy with nothing to balance it on the back.

Jason

Hey Jason read this post....

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?83,1677458

Deusdigger said:
Jason in TN said:
DirtAngler said:

Jason

Hey Jason read this post....

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?83,1677458

Got it thanks.

Jason

You will not be disappointed in the depth capabilities of small coil. The Deus is every bit as deep as my E-trac. The E-trac may have ID'ed a little deeper but the audio on the Deus is just as deep or deeper. I am going to get the large coil in the near future but only for the coverage. I have been told that the depth is not that much better. To get maximum depth with the small coil you will need to set your GB 3-5 numbers below the pumping method results.

pescadore said:
You will not be disappointed in the depth capabilities of small coil. The Deus is every bit as deep as my E-trac. The E-trac may have ID'ed a little deeper but the audio on the Deus is just as deep or deeper. I am going to get the large coil in the near future but only for the coverage. I have been told that the depth is not that much better. To get maximum depth with the small coil you will need to set your GB 3-5 numbers below the pumping method results.

Thanks for the info any tips are appreciated.

Jason

I use both coils but like using the smaller one.

OK it does not cover the same amount of ground area in a sweep and its not quite so deep seeking, but the weight and balance make it a dream to use.

Nearly all my finds are in the top 12" so depth in most cases is not a problem.:thumbup: Jerry.

Jason,
I don't have one. I tried a club member's and am offering suggestions off his feedback and our testing. As others stated, it does make it nose heavy too. They're supposed to be coming out with an 11" round DD coil, I can't wait to see how that works and compares.

I have two Deus, one for wife and one for me. Both units have large and small coil. I use my large coil most if not all of the time...and love it. As some posts have mentioned above, I will back up with my own experience, and say with the small coil, I can hit a 12" quarter with very distinctive audible target acquisition...in most canned modes...canned relic stops you in your tracs. With the large coil, this same target screams...with coil few inches off the ground.

I've also a CTX, and have been giving serious thought on getting rid of a machine, extra Deus or CTX. I've been playin around in my back yard with each unit. I want to like/keep the CTX, but...I cannot...cannot hit my 12" quarter at all, and I suspect EMI problems. I've tried all auto settings, ground settings, audio settings, etc, but no joy. I'm pretty sure I can hit this target with manual, setting around 23 or higher, but, this setting on this machine is not realistic in my area...to noisy/erratic to detect with where the VID has targets jumping around all over the screen. I only mention this as when I run my Deus with small coil at same time of day on same target, I get the quarter in most canned modes, again, where relic offers no question.

Randy

lomoch said:
I have two Deus, one for wife and one for me. Both units have large and small coil. I use my large coil most if not all of the time...and love it. As some posts have mentioned above, I will back up with my own experience, and say with the small coil, I can hit a 12" quarter with very distinctive audible target acquisition...in most canned modes...canned relic stops you in your tracs. With the large coil, this same target screams...with coil few inches off the ground.

I've also a CTX, and have been giving serious thought on getting rid of a machine, extra Deus or CTX. I've been playin around in my back yard with each unit. I want to like/keep the CTX, but...I cannot...cannot hit my 12" quarter at all, and I suspect EMI problems. I've tried all auto settings, ground settings, audio settings, etc, but no joy. I'm pretty sure I can hit this target with manual, setting around 23 or higher, but, this setting on this machine is not realistic in my area...to noisy/erratic to detect with where the VID has targets jumping around all over the screen. I only mention this as when I run my Deus with small coil at same time of day on same target, I get the quarter in most canned modes, again, where relic offers no question.

Randy

Good info thanks Randy.

Do you notice the large coil is really front heavy.

Jason

JBM said:
I use both coils but like using the smaller one.

OK it does not cover the same amount of ground area in a sweep and its not quite so deep seeking, but the weight and balance make it a dream to use.

Nearly all my finds are in the top 12" so depth in most cases is not a problem.:thumbup: Jerry.

Thanks guys for the info. The 11" DD round sounds interesting.
will be taking mine to the beach soon. The more I think about it the more I think the large coil may be to front heavy the way it it's set up.

Jason

A little front heavy, but I don't notice at all. I've been in an ET for a few years...everything else is light. The coverage and extra power I get from using the larger coil is a no brainer for me based on my hunts.

The large coil is my primary coil. It's balanced well in my opinion.When I put the small coil on it is definitely lighter. I only use the small coil in super trashy sites and when I travel.

Regards, Joe (California)