Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My F5 has landed...

JoeL0

In less than 2 days from half way across the Country, Bart @ BigBiy Hobies came through. My F5 has been assembled and air testing up here
in the great Northeast has begun. Its like learning to fly the space shuttle. I'm been turning knobs, pushing buttons, swinging a quarter, nail and my wedding ring past the coil
in all different settings. Now to just figure out what it all means.... Haven't even touched the Phase (kinda scares me) button yet or the GB knob, I think that will have to wait for warmer weather.
The blues of buying in mid winter. At least I got some great tones with some good distance (air test of coures) and was able to hear her sing.

PS Thanks Bart for the great deal and the QUICK shipping. Joe

Congrats on your new machine, I am sure when the weather clears, it will serve you well.
The more you play with it, the more you will learn. In the meantime, look up Posts by Mike Hillis,
He is well versed in this unit and offers great information. HH

I keep hearing Mike's name pop up (I'm new hear, too) and plan on reading all of his posts on the F5! I've, also, had some good look with watching videos on YouTube, and there is a really good one on the F5. Watch that video about 5 times and you'll feel like you've been using the F5 for years! LOL
I just bought my first detector, the F5, and it came about 6 weeks ago, and I'm about ready to drive my wife nuts. Haven't had it outside yet, but I've used it in the house a few times.

FINDS

1) Every nail in the house
2) Silverware in the drawer...a rogue spoon behind the fridge
3) Dog collars... dogs weren't too thrilled about this, by the way, and...
4) Underwire bra...on the wife. Had to use the Garrett Pro Pointer to home in on it. Dogs weren't too bothered by this, but the wife slapped me. :crylol:

May be one of the most underated mid line units around but check Mikes previous posts and when the weather breaks do some experimenting..

Light, big screen a blind man could see with good ID, many facets that work well in user friendly fashion and medium depth all rolled into one make it a winner.

Many detectorists falling in love with the f-5,.. rarely if ever, hear anything negative about it.

I recently got the F5. I had been trying to decide if I like the ATPo or Omega for coin hunting. The F5 get most of the time now.

Don't fret about the phase or GB knob. Just bob the coil 2-3 times over clean soil while holding the phase button, let go and your balanced. Use the GB knob to manually adjust from there if you want to + or - on GB

Congrats on your new detector!

You'll be flying that thing like a pro in no time.

HH
Mike

stilpony, you forgot to check for filling in her teeth! :lmfao:

I really like Bill_S videos of the F5.

HH
Mike

I could see myself chasing the wife around the house with the f5. LOL. Every time I think spring is around the corner up here in upstate NY, another snow storm on the way.

Well, My yard still has 6 inches of snow from yesterdays storm but temps are in the 50s today and the next few days. About a 10' x10' in the very corner of my yard is melted away and I couldn't wait.
I detected it just now, no digging still frozen but, at least I was able to make her sing.....

I am in pretty much the same situation over here in western Sweden. Had my F5 for 3 weeks now, and it looks to be at least another 3 or 4 weeks before the ground thaws so that I can actually start digging. Well below freezing, and gusty winds. Flip side is that there is almost no snow, thus it is ideal to cut some firewood. But I have done that...
So instead of digging holes in the frozen ground, I gave a few of my old finds a good overhaul. Have saved my old bronze coins (circa 1650's) from bronze disease, and restored a couple of canon balls and an old horse shoe through electrolyzis. Then this time of the year is also a good time to start planning for "what, where and when". I think I have found a few sweet spots within walking distance from home. One of these spots is an abandoned "dansbana", an outside dance floor, often without a roof. These were/are used during the summertime, often complete with a kiosk selling refreshments. The one I will go have a look at got torn down in the mid 1960's, but over the years there must have deposited loads of loose change, along with bottle caps and whatnot. Last dance was held around 1958. A few pictures of typical outside dance floors, as an attempt to explain what they might look like: http://bildarkiv.olofstrom.se/images/pictmp_47c50b7d10cb0_big.jpeg http://www.rorumssk.se/bilder/dansbana.jpg http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_j4UqS7Trh98/TADEfuOQnxI/AAAAAAAADlc/fFQMfGS8_oA/s1600/100_2449L.JPG
As the previous owners wife told me (she is now in her late 80's); "People had fun there, and sometimes couples sneaked off out into the woods or out among the hay stacks in the adjacent field to have even more fun..."

GOOD STUFF...been awhile since I laughed out loud that much!! I am at work (7 on and 7 off), my wife called me to inform me that a box from Kellyco came in today. Its my new Garrett Pro Pointer, never used one but had to try it. I get home Tuesday, maybe I'll see if she has any metal in her undergarments....it might make it more of a challenge knowing I might get slapped....lol.