Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My F70 visits the Bahamas

fjs440

For the last few winters, my wife has wanted to get away from northern Ohio and go someplace warm. We went for a week to Paradise Island in the Bahamas. (Not Atlantis, but right next door at all-inclusive Riu Palace.) Side Note: We are both retired teachers in our late seventies.

While packing, she noticed I was carefully protecting my F70 and a long handled two-part sand scoop. She thought I was nuts. Who goes to the Bahamas with a metal detector?

Every morning I woke up at my usual 6 - 6:30 am and went out on the deserted beaches. I was usually out there about two hours before the vacationers showed up. The beach was very soft sand and hard to walk in. East coast U.S. beaches are much better to walk on.

I found very few things in the resort areas. Since all beaches are public property, I went next door and worked those sands. I found about $20 in coins plus other junk things in the "common folk’s" area. That’s not counting the most bottle caps I have ever seen in my life.

My happy point was when my wife said, “You had a fun time out there doing that. You always had a smile and were always laughing while talking with the people and kids. I am glad you brought it along.” I think she may have learned what this hobby means to me.

The funniest part was when I found a 500 peso coin. I looked up the conversion for a Mexican peso and it is worth about $25.00. That made me happy. When I closely look at the coin, I found out it was a Colombian coin. The value dropped from $25 to 17 cents. It sure is a nice looking coin for 17 cents.

My wife also said she loved the kid's huge diamond ring, which I gave to her. She wore that "bling" for the rest of the week.

Taking my F70 to the Bahamas was a good thing.
-----------------------------------
Fisher F70 w/Fisher 11” DD and NEL Snake Coil
Fisher 1280-X w/8” Coil
Fisher F2 w/4”, 8” and NEL Hunter Coil
Makro Pointer
Killer B Stinger Headphones

Good you and your wife shared a good time, got to love those big diamond rings.--------------------------gh----------------------------------after1-