Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My F75 has been 100% correct identifying.......

Roland58

Foil, that is. I know, one day a little hunk of gold will show up, but, for now, my detector has been 100% correct. grrrrrrr.

Roland! You are correct sir! Swinging this F70 since April, the foil target id is 99.99% accurate. I got one little 14k w/ two diamonds and an opal off the beach this summer that rang in on the vid at 21 which is usually the foil top off a pringles can, yet it sounded not so "zingy"..makes me wonder how many others I didn't dig on the land. I think the big zingers are usually foil, and the soft zingers are usually smaller foil, the folded up gum wrappers read nickle, just like those danged ace bandage tabs do...I've been running wide open on the beach, and digging everything, but on the land I set disc at 15. Some old guy I met when I first got this detector told me to dig every pull tab signal, and I'd find the gold, well, he was right, I got two class rings (both returned) this past summer, but I have found nothing worthwhile in the 40's "ring" range... anything over 50 vid I'll dig on land, and all nickles...I still have not scratched the surface of what this detector is capable of doing, rarely ground balance, swing stupid wild, dont overlap, wander aimlessly...and have actuallly managed to find some stuff! a testament to the great product of Fisher!
besides the foil, those danged zinc pennys often turn themselves into a nice big ring with greater regularity...i can see why some fellows just shoot coins, and I can see where some fellows would just shoot quarters! All this junk digging really cuts into a persons time!

You said it very well, Mudpup! It seems we have both had the same experience, thus far. Well, except I haven't hit any gold yet!

Hi Roland! I juast got my F75LTD about 10 days ago and enjoy it so far. Last weekend, dug a stainless steel religious ring that rang 20-23.

qkslvr said:
Hi Roland! I juast got my F75LTD about 10 days ago and enjoy it so far. Last weekend, dug a stainless steel religious ring that rang 20-23.

I'm sure you will enjoy the LTD, I know I love my F75 SE. All of my silver has been found from the high 'tab' range and up.......of course, the low 50's produced a lot of tabs, also! Two of my silver rings came in as pennies and the big one was hitting in the 90's. The signal on that big one was very narrow and crisp, very unlike the wide signal from a squashed aluminum can......I've still dug a large number of cans in pursuit of a "quarter." <g> I really hate the tarp grommets that create a very convincing quarter signal! One day, the gold will come my way!!