Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My favorite detector, the XL Pro

Wayfarer

There seem to be many XL Pro-appreciators out there, and I'm certainly one of them. Permit me to sing it praises one more time. Here's my favorite setup minus the Koss headphones and Bullseye II pinpointer. Got 'er in early 2005. One of the last new ones the dealer had in stock as a backup to my XLT I had been using for over 10 years. After using the XL Pro, I never went back to the XLT. The XL Pro has as good as the performance of the XLT and is much simpler to operate and has much sweeter audio. Not that the XLT is bad, they are equally as capable performance-wise, but the analog controls of the XL Pro are FAR simpler and more intuitive. You have to spend so much more time tweaking and going through endless menus to get maybe 5% more performance out of the XLT. With the XL Pro, you just set Disc., auto balance, set signal balance and go. If the detector is unstable, you back off the sig. bal., rebalance, and go. With the XLT you have to scroll through all those menus to incrementally adjust AC sens. and pre-amp gain, VDI sens., recovery speed, etc., etc., all to get just a little extra performance...maybe. With the simple controls of the XL Pro, it

n/t

The 5900/6000 series are the best detectors Whites ever produced. I've been using them for many years. The XL Pro is the last new model Whites detector I bought when they first came out. Nothing after that has interested me and I haven't found anything better than the XL Pro yet. I have to say that the Mr. Bill modded IDX Pros are also excellent performers.

I also agree :clapping:! I have several detectors, but the xl pro is the first one I take off the rack. Just love to hear it's tone when it hits a target :wiggle:!

The only detector from White's that will give the XL PRO a very hard time is the Vision.
But the XL PRO still can hold its own with most of the top ended detectors.
NOT BAD FOR AN OLD DOG.
I had a 6000D and now the XL PRO.
That is a loooong time with the 6000.
As many know the XL PRO was the 6000XL