Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My finds from last Saturday (10-3) and Sunday's(10-4, hunted with Kickback) outings.

James N.D.

Well.....here are my latest finds I got from Saturday the 3rd and Sunday the 4th of October. It was a blast to get out and meet up with Kickback on Sunday.:jump: Terrific guy to hunt with and a great sense of humor as well.:super: It was one of the funnest hunts I've had in awhile where I could help out a fellow hunter in person and Kickback learned a few things which was also a great thing to see. Hope you are able to get out again before winter sets in Kickback!;) Thanks for the invitation and it was a pleasure to help you out and to finally meet you in person. We will get together again next year if your still in the area.....that is a promise!:detecting:

Also, I'm going out tomorrow and going to try to get at least 2 more Silver for the year (if not more). With these Silver Coins on this posting, I now have 398 Silver for the year so 2 more to go until 400. I'm going to have to really work for them since the weather has turned COLD and the WIND is suppose to be from 15mph to 30mph......and to make that even worse.....the temps for tomorrow in the morning are going to be in the lower 20's with a high in the upper 30's so I will see just how long I can take it out in the freezing cold tomorrow. Now let's get to the story.

Saturday, Tim, Dale and I got together to try and make a few more finds before winter....since it maybe here sooner than we had expected! Anyways, we started out in a small town Park. At first, I didn't remember the Park at all until I entered it. As soon as the detector started giving Signals, it all came back to me. I was here at this Park once before but never spent much time there due to all the Signals and New Coins in it. I started out and started to find the usual Clad Coins and wasn't finding too much other than a few Junk Items. I then found a Wheatie and kept hunting. I then walked to an area of the Park that may have been dug up a bit and started to find a few Deeper Clad Coins. As I walked through this area, I got a very loud 30 on Digital and it showed about 3" Deep. I figured it was either a New Quarter or possibly another piece of Trash. I dug a plug and the next thing I see is a Silver Washington Quarter laying in the dirt. Dale was over in the area also and I asked him if he had found anything yet and he had pulled 1 Wheatie so far. I then told him I just got a Silver Quarter and about 2 minutes later, Dale digs one as well. We then kept hunting and I decided to go try over where the car was parked. I started hunting in this location and started to get a few Wheats. I then dug a few more Clad Coins and started to wander around a bit. Dale had picked up a few more Wheats and Tim had found a few Wheats as well. I do not recall if Tim got any Silver from here but I believe he did. I think he only got a Merc or 2. As we neared the end of the hunt in this Trashy Park, I got a good 28 Signal that occasionally bounced up to 30 on Digital. It showed around 8" Deep so I dug a plug and out popped the very Black Merc. We then moved onto another site.

We drove through another town and came across where the School once stood. There was a Ball Diamond here and Tim and I had hunted this a year or 2 ago finding a few things so we decided to try it again. As soon as we got out, Dale started popping a few Wheats in a small area. We kept working this site for a few hours. Dale was doing very well and he come across an area where there were a few Wheats showing up, some in the teens. We started working this also. I ended up popping out a 1905 Indian Head, a few Wheats and a few Silver Dimes. Dale dug a bunch of Wheats and a Silver Dime or 2 as well. Tim got a few Wheats and a Silver Dime or so also. We then moved onto another location.

We decided to give an Old looking Ball Diamond a try in another town with very little to show for. Dale didn't get anything Old here but Tim and I did. Tim only got a Wheatie and all I could find were 4 Wheats. The Diamond was Old but apparently someone had really worked it hard since the Diamond itself was pretty dead for any Coin Signals. We then moved on once again.

This time we headed in the direction of the Ball Diamond where I was pulling all that Silver from for the last 2 Sunday's. We finally arrived and we all got out and geared up. We hunted this for probably 2 hours or so. I got only 1 Silver which was a Merc and a few Wheats along with a few Clad. Tim found a few Wheats and a Silver or 2 for Dimes. Dale ended up kickin' our butts here for finds. Dale ended up popping out 4 Silver Quarters, a couple Merc's and a 1 or 2 Roosevelt Dimes. He also found a couple Wheats and a Brunswick Token (which I wish I would have found since it's a neat one.....having around 12 scallops instead of the normal round type). At first Tim and I thought Dale was lying about the amount of Quarters he found but he proved us wrong when he pulled them from his pocket. I knew I would regret taking Dale there to that Ball Diamond but at least we had a good time and a few more Silver's were found.

We then stopped to give the Park a try. Tim and I had hunted this once before with only a few keepers found so we decided to give it another shot. As we hunted, a neighbor came out and was talking with Tim. Next thing I know is Tim and the neighbor heading over into a large vacant lot. I thought for sure Tim was going to hit it big over there but he didn't. I think he only got a Large Box of some sort with some name on it and a Wheatie. All I could find in the Park was 1 Wheatie. Dale didn't find anything here.

Tim then tells me we have the go ahead to hunt a vacant lot across from the Park. I decided to hunt by the sidewalk and boulevard area since this would be the best spot to get some Older Coins I thought. We hunted this lot for about a half hour. The only things found were a couple Wheats found by Tim and Dale and 1 Merc that I found. We then headed back home. My finds were 1 Silver Quarter, 4 Merc's, 2 Rosie's, 1 Indian Head and 21 Wheats. Clad wasn't much but it was 6 Quarters, 15 Dimes and 20 Pennies. Tim had 4 Silver....one being a Barber Dime and some Wheats. Dale ended up getting around 11 or 12 Silver, a War Nickel and a bunch of Wheats. Great job fellas!!! Another Successful Hunt!:thumbup:

Sunday Morning, I headed out at 5am to meet up with Kickback. It was a 4 hour drive to meet up with him and it was well worth it! Great guy and really is fun hunting with. We started out at the local Park and I was able to only find a Wheatie here along with a few Clad.

We then decided to go try a site that Kickback had gotten permission for. We worked this for about an hour or so. I was lucky enough to pop out a Silver Quarter and also a couple Wheats. Kickback got a couple Wheats as well. I noticed that the ground was really Sandy and figured it was going to be a tough hunt since I didn't think the Older Coins would have sunk too far thus other hunters picking up many of the lost Coins years ago. It really didn't matter though.....the main reason for meeting up with Kickback was to help him out with his detector and give him a few pointers hoping he would learn a few new things....which he did. We then moved onto another location.

We decided to try some Rodeo Grounds. There was rather a large parking area here but some gravel had been added to it making it a bit difficult to hunt. We hunted this for about an hour or so. Kickback found a few Wheats here and I ended up getting a few Wheats, a Merc, a Silver Canadian Dime and a $5 Bill laying in the grass. I'm sure there is more stuff here....there should be just because it's a large area and no-one is going to hunt that thing out.

We also tried a small town Park which was made recently. I did pop out another Silver Quarter though so it wasn't a total loss. As we hunted, Kickback would ask me to check some signals for him and I was glad too! I told him it didn't matter how many times he wanted me to check Targets, just feel free to ask me since I was there to help him out in anyway possible. It didn't matter for me if I found a lot of Silver or other finds but to help Kickback out which was Priority #1.

We also tried a small Pavilion area and came up with a few Wheats and also tried a Swimming Pool area. I got a Wheatie or 2 and a lost Cell Phone here and Kickback got some Clad and a really nice looking 925 Silver Ring. Congrats again with that Ring Bill!:thumbup: After the hunt at the Pavilion, we chatted for a bit longer and we parted ways. It was an interesting hunt and was very happy with being able to help someone from the forum in person so they can better understand what their detector is telling them and better their odds of finding a few more goodies for their collections. Thanks again for borrowing me a Dalyn Sodbuster also Bill. I will give it a try this weekend and let you know how I like it. Sure was fun meeting you and hope you can get out a few more times before freeze-up. Also....I hope you weren't too tired after our hunt....I sometimes forget that others aren't used to hunting like I hunt!:poke: Totals for Sunday were $5 Bill, 2 Silver Quarters, 1 Merc, 1 Silver Canadian Dime and 12 Wheats (found 1 more Wheat in my pouch) along with a Cell Phone which I gave to Kickback to turn into the local authorities. Clad was 6 Quarters, 10 Dimes and 21 Pennies. Now onto the Totals.

Silver Total was 11 and they were 3 Silver Washington Quarters dated 1935,1943,1943-s, 5 Merc's dated 1916-s,1918-d,1926,1934,1941, 2 Roosevelt Dimes dated (2)1946-d and 1 Silver Canadian Dime dated 1957. I was lucky to retrieve 1 Indian Head Penny and that was dated 1905. For Wheats, I dug 33 more. They are dated 12,16-d,(2)18,19,20,20-d,25,(2)26,35-d,35-s,38,41-d,44,44-d,44-s,(2)45,(2)46-d,50-d,54-d,(5)55-d,(2)56-d and (3)58-d. Misc. Finds were a $5 Bill, a Marble, a Flattened Penny (most likely an Indian Head due to amount of pitting) and a Pants Button. Hope you enjoyed yet another hunt of mine and the finds. Thanks for looking and thank you again Kickback for the great hunt and memories!:thumbup: Good Luck and HH to you all! :detecting:[attachment 141694 DirtySilver.jpg][attachment 141695 CleanedSilver.jpg][attachment 141696 DirtyWheats.jpg][attachment 141700 CleanedWheats.jpg][attachment 141703 DirtyMisc..jpg][attachment 141707 CleanedMisc..jpg]

James I truly enjoyed the hunt.I'm afraid winter has sent in.It's 21 degrees here this morning,skiff of snow on the ground,all the puddles from the recent rain are frozen over and the ground is"very hard".Got a new "park" to hunt.It goes back to 1903.You were right there was a guy intown that hunted those spots we hunted.They say he was pretty good.He just passed away recently.He did leave us a few goodies.I'll post pictures from the new "park' when I get off this 7 day work stretch.Bill

Great weekend hunt James and thanks for the story too.:thumbup:
Glad you guys had some luck finding silver coins and wheats.
Hunt fast as winter is just around the corner and 2 more silvers
might be a chore to find in frozen ground. HH Gold Nuggets :wiggle:

Super hunt james!! Keep it up buddy!

for awhile so I can get a few more Silver's. The weather is turning quickly to winter around here so don't know how much more time I will have to hunt but will make the best of it. As long as the snow doesn't start piling up and the ground doesn't start to freeze, I should be alright but it's looking gloom for next week. I'm still gonna give her a go tomorrow and see what happens since this could be the last hunt for the year. Thanks for the reply Derrelld and hope you get out soon and find a few keepers on your next hunt. Good Luck and HH to you buddy!:detecting:

It's been a real fun year and the finds have been out of this world but I feel that my hunting time is nearing the end quickly so I have to try and get out and get a few more keepers before the ground freezes. Thanks for the response AMC and hope you are able to get out soon and find a few Silver's for your collection. Good Luck and HH to you!:thumbup:

n/t

Nice finds James

I don't think the cold will stop you, besides you could always make a road trip south!

and frozen ground! Gonna hit it hard tomorrow and see what I can scare up....hopefully I will get some decent keepers for my efforts. Just as long as I get some Silver, that will be fine by me. Thanks for the reply Gold Nuggets and Good Luck and HH to you on your next hunt.:detecting:

Sorry to hear that out your way Bill! Just head east a little ways, where I told you I got a lot of goodies before from that Park you were in and the ground there might still be diggable. I know there is stuff in them Parks in that town so it's worth a shot. Thanks for the reply Bill and Good Luck and HH to you if you try and get out on your next day off.:thumbup:

Will have a few keepers to post after tomorrow's hunt. Stay tuned! Thanks for the reply and Good Luck and HH to you on your hunts as well.:thumbup:

Well i hope the weather works for you man!! I traveled to the dark side and picked up an E-trac.. Been having fun learning that machine... I'm really liking it! my third piece of silver was a 1877 cc dime out of a place i have been hunting for months..
Take care bud and keep posting!

a few hundred miles just to get to a spot where there is warm weather. I've looked at that option but it's just as cold down there as here so I guess I'm stuck with the temps. As long as the wind stays down and the snow doesn't fall, I will be fine until the ground freezes. Then I will have to carry around a DeWalt Cordless Screw Gun / Hammer Drill Combo so I can drill some holes and break chunks out.:crazy: Now that's desperate!:rofl: Thanks for the reply and Good Luck and HH to you. :thumbup:

Love finding them CC Coins don't you???:shocked: Just having one with a CC Mint Mark sure is a great piece of history to have in one's collection. Congrats on a Seated Dime for your 3rd Silver. Hope many more Silver are waiting for you on your next outing. Continued Success, Good Luck and HH to you buddy!:thumbup: