Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

my first 2009 cache of coins

thsfineday

Went out this morning to a little tot lot, and i mean little, maybe 25x25.I have seen many kids playing on it this weekend so after the kids were off to school, I headed on over there to start my hunt. It didn't take long to find my first coin or my second and third.They where all in my first swing of my coil. Coins were everywhere.On top of the ground and some buried within a few inches of wood chips. As I started to work my way around I knew I was having a good day but didn't know what was lying just ahead for me to find. I swung my coil and it sounded off, but it sounded like a big pop can buried but the depth only showed 1 inch, so moving the wood chips with my digger, I saw coins.I put my digger down along with my detector and get down on my hands and knees and start picking them up, 10-20-30-40-50-60-65 in all, sadly they were all pennies, but still a great find. grand total for this lot was 155 coins, 1 key, 1 car, and 1 game token. Of all those pennies,1 was a 1934 Canadian penny . Plan to hit it again in a couple weeks.I know I had left some coins. sorry the picture of the pennies is to big to upload but part of them are shown in the other picture.I have already added these to my coin jar for this year.

I found a spill like that in my Mother's yard last year. Turns out my niece was hiding her life's savings. It was around 70 pennies and 3 dimes. Claire said she didn't hide the coins but later asked me for her money back. I found 2 rolls of pennies on two separate hunts last year too. I sure hope to find a roll of silver coins or even clad quarters some day. Coin spills are great especially big ones like yours!

Chris

Good hunt!:thumbup:Congrats on that older foreign coin.:cheers: Neat find.:detecting:Happy Hunting!

Nice haul TFD wtg. :thumbup: