Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My first Belt Plate.... and a nice Large Cent

Evolution

Did some foundation hunting with my friend the other day. Hunted 3 different foundations. The first 2 didnt produce much because they were very close to the road. The 3rd one coughed up a few things. Was surprised when I found my first belt plate. The shape and size are unmistakable but there's nothing on the front of the plate that I can see. From what I've come to understand there were a few plates like this in the War of 1812... which makes sense based on the age of the finds made at this site. Also found a few buttons and a nice 1829 large cent.

Can you post some pics of the clean relics? Was there anything on the front of the belt plate?

Pics #3 and #4 are the cleanest I was able to get the belt plate. It seems to have nothing on it. Here's a couple pics of the large cent.