Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My first Case knife...

REVIER

...and it is in such good shape I am making it my every day carry.
A few inches down, open with the blade facing up...could have turned out bad for me but I always wear gloves and never dig in holes with my hands.
It was made in 2010 but no clue on when it was lost but it was down there long enough to make the nickel silver bolsters turn from silver looking to black.
It was in a patch of nice, loosely packed black normal dirt which is so rare around here, if it was lost in my usual red clay garbage who knows what condition it would be in.

A Case Copperlock Mini, high carbon rust resistant SS blade, (thank goodness), and bone handles.
They use Brazilian steer bones for the handles from what I have read.

A little more detailing, oiling and sharpening and it will be perfect.
I was told some metal polish and a buffer will make those end bolsters shine again but I kinda like the dark color, I assume there aren't many of these out there that look exactly like mine does now and I like being unique.

I found the other knife on the way home when I stopped to hunt some turn of the century curb strips.
This is what most of my knives seem to seem to look like when I dig them, time was not kind to that one but it might have been down there for 50-100 years or more.

Attachments

• Caseknife.jpg
    Caseknife.jpg
    551.8 KB · Views: 118
  • user10659_pic81384_1580650262.jpg
    user10659_pic81384_1580650262.jpg
    375.9 KB · Views: 114
Nice save I have found dozens of really old knives that are junk but only a couple newer ones. This one is a rebuild, a friend made the Damascus blades from scratch.
HH Jeff

Attachments

• 20190209_125632.jpg
    20190209_125632.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 123
Congrats on the Case knife find! Case was always one of my favorite knives growing up.

I have found various knives in various conditions over the years. My favorite is the One Armed Bandit found years ago at a fairgound in Clark County, KY, I am still using it.

Attachments

• 0204201331.png
    0204201331.png
    291.1 KB · Views: 125