Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My first chance at helping to find a lost ring.

Dustyroundup

Howdy,

Well, I didnt find it, but it was kind of exciting.

I was hanging around my buddys pawn shop, and an older lady came in , saying she had lost a nice ring in December.
She thought maybe someone found it and sold it.
So I jumped right in, as I'm of the type that can talk to anybody. LOL

I forgot that older ladys that live in town, can be "CAUTIOUS" of strangers. :rolleyes:
So, anyhow, I told her I'd be more than happy to help look around her sidewalk etc.
And boy, she stepped back and looked at me weird.
I dont exactly fit in to the townie way of apparel, so maybe my hat threw her off, I dont know.

So I backed off,
But on her way out, she stopped at the door and stared at me. So I'm thinkin ," UH OH"" This aint good"

LOL
So i took a few steps towards her, and she asked, if I really would?
I said heck yeah , and she asked how much would I charge her?
( People in town never do anything to help a neighbor do they )
So, I told her , I wouldnt want a thing, I would just be thrilled to have the chance to help her out.
and she gave me another strange look.. LOL

She gave me her adress, and I went home and got my detector, and went back to town.
I looked over every possible snow pile and edges of her sidewalk, that she might have been near.
She hid in her house , it seemed, still not trusting me.But watched me through the window.
Then she came out , and I told her I couldnt find any thing, her yard was pretty clean . (Must be a newer yard)

She asked my name, and I handed her my "Horseshoeing " business card.
Then she opened up, and settled to a comfortable level.

Anyhow, It was fun .and I sure had hopes of finding it for her.
It was also good for me, to take into account how people are different. and how its sort of sad , that some of our older generation , live in a way of fear, which is actually a way of survival for them.
And that people expect to pay for everything, as acts of kindness must not be part of theyre daily life.
There has to be valid reasons for her distrust, and thats sad too.

I guess I take our life out of town for granted sometimes, and yesterday brought that to light.

Well, Good luck to You All,

Dusty

Well you at least got to try, we don't always find the goods but we can try. Im sure she is glad to have met someone that was willing to help. It sounds as though she was not sure where she lost her ring, I had one that after 2 1/2 hours of hunting came up to me & said (I forgot to tell you we hauled in 2 feet of soil after I lost my ring) I needed a back hoe not a MXT.

That was thoughtful on your part.
You may want to check that site when the snow is all gone !

Hi Dusty, you can't win'em all, but a darn good try:beers:

Dusty,

That was a great story and it shows your big heart! Very well done,
Marty

You did your best Rusty. I'm proud of you for stepping up to the plate and giving it a good try. Who knows...........she might find it underneath her dresser next time she moves the furniture. :surprised: You did good! HH, Nancy

Most people are wary now of any thing free, Im glad to know there are people out there in the good old US that still help out other people instead of helping themselves. Hope you have better luck on the next ring hunt