Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My first detector IDX Pro Good/Bad

nam1969

I wanted something simple to use .I know they are no longer in production how good are they ? Thanks Marcelle

You did great. The IDX is an excellent detector. Simple, stable, and effective. Wish I still had mine.

nam1969 said:
I wanted something simple to use .I know they are no longer in production how good are they ? Thanks Marcelle
The IDX Pro is an excellent example of a model that White's shouldn't have ignored and discontinued. If you have the standard 950 or one of the 8" coils, it is a good unit for hunting a beach or a wide-open park or sports field type of site where targets are more spaced.

If you have one of the 6½" Concentric coils [size=small](such as the Blue Max 600, 5.3 Black Max or 5.3 Bullseye)[/size] you can mount that and as you learn the IDX Pro, you will likely discover that it is an almost perfect search coil to keep mounted and use for a good 90% or more of all your detecting! Great for hunting in and around any trash environment, close to fences and metal poles, etc., and handy when working in and around brush.

The IDX Pro is a 'simple' detector which makes it easy to learn and less confusing, and it is very 'functional' for all types of detecting. If you have an opportunity to travel about in May, we would welcome you to join any detecting hobbyists on a Welcome-to-Hunt Outing in Nevada, with plans to search several old ghost town locations. I can guarantee you that the IDX Pro with a 6½" Concentric coil would make a better Relic Hunting detector than what I see many people bring along. If you're curious or interested in the WTHO, just shoot me an e-mail. They are open to anyone, no fee, no promotion, just folks having a lot of fun. These are the types of sites where Classic IDX Pro's served me well.

If you are interested in learning anything about using your IDX Pro, you are welcome to shoot me an e-mail and I will be glad to help.

Welcome to the Findmall Forums and I know you will enjoying the performance the IDX Pro provides. Use a slow and methodical sweep speed, keep the Frequency Adjust set at the preset marker, have the Discriminate control at about the 9 o'clock to 10 o'clock position and the right-side toggle set to Normal. Run the Sensitivity as high as possible [size=small](I usually had mine at maximum)[/size] and enjoy the search.

Monte

[size=small]I Corps '69-'70.[/size]

Monte said:
nam1969 said:
The IDX Pro is an excellent example of a model that White's shouldn't have ignored and discontinued. If you have the standard 950 or one of the 8" coils, it is a good unit for hunting a beach or a wide-open park or sports field type of site where targets are more spaced.

If you have one of the 6½" Concentric coils [size=small](such as the Blue Max 600, 5.3 Black Max or 5.3 Bullseye)[/size] you can mount that and as you learn the IDX Pro, you will likely discover that it is an almost perfect search coil to keep mounted and use for a good 90% or more of all your detecting! Great for hunting in and around any trash environment, close to fences and metal poles, etc., and handy when working in and around brush.

The IDX Pro is a 'simple' detector which makes it easy to learn and less confusing, and it is very 'functional' for all types of detecting. If you have an opportunity to travel about in May, we would welcome you to join any detecting hobbyists on a Welcome-to-Hunt Outing in Nevada, with plans to search several old ghost town locations. I can guarantee you that the IDX Pro with a 6½" Concentric coil would make a better Relic Hunting detector than what I see many people bring along. If you're curious or interested in the WTHO, just shoot me an e-mail. They are open to anyone, no fee, no promotion, just folks having a lot of fun. These are the types of sites where Classic IDX Pro's served me well.

If you are interested in learning anything about using your IDX Pro, you are welcome to shoot me an e-mail and I will be glad to help.

Welcome to the Findmall Forums and I know you will enjoying the performance the IDX Pro provides. Use a slow and methodical sweep speed, keep the Frequency Adjust set at the preset marker, have the Discriminate control at about the 9 o'clock to 10 o'clock position and the right-side toggle set to Normal. Run the Sensitivity as high as possible [size=small](I usually had mine at maximum)[/size] and enjoy the search.

Monte Thanks for the great information . I-Corps 68-69 0331 1st Mar Div

[size=small]I Corps '69-'70.[/size]

Welcome to the forum

..Monte is one of the guys that got me interested in the IDX Pro, my first encounter with the IDX Pro was while hunting with a friend that had one. I was using the then new DFX and we were hunting an iron nail infested 1800's fairgrounds. He was well versed with the IDX Pro and I thought I knew the DFX well since I had about 5 years with it. The IDX Pro is just so much better since it has a fast response and quicker recovery in the trash, in fact it still can keep up with the newer fast recovery metal detectors.

...Results from that hunt many years ago, I found a crusty "V" nickel with my DFX and my friend with the IDX Pro found a complete Barber silver set, dime, quarter and half dollar. After that I soon found an IDX Pro of my own.......LOL

Those machines rock...one of my favorites.....I have found large cents at 8. " deep with mine.....love it

Qthe all metal mode is nice and deep and the led discrimination readout works then as well (althiugh not to the full depth of the all metal sensitivity.

Just bought a mint condition IDX Pro and will be with me early next week,could work well on a few of my older sites,its rare that they come onto the market in the UK,so had to buy this one as it is a minter,it comes with the stock 9'' coil,i am assuming that is a good coil or would a smaller one be much better.

The 9" is a good all round coil. The 6" is good if there's so many targets that the 9" picks up too many at once.

My IDX Pro turned up this morning,i bought it mainly for the very high ratings that it gets and took it out for a hour or so today and its a very very nice machine to use,the iron rejection even with the stock coil is pretty amazing.The plan is getting a smaller 5.3 coil for the detector and using it on trashy roman/saxon sites that i have access too,its so simple to use and i even had a smile on my face when i got back home.

I reckon this could be a machine that could be used alot and bring back the enjoyment of detecting rather than using high end machines and loosing the enjoyment to this great pastime of ours,i certainly do not regret getting this machine,its rare to find just a beautiful condition one,only thing i will do is buy a smaller than stock coil and just use it and enjoy it :thumbup:

Mine arrived yesterday , I purchased on here from OregonGregg it is mint condition .Came with stock coil and and Blue Max 600 with coil covers .It is what I wanted also not complicated to use. Just tried it in the yard it detected a penny was right on also a nickle . I'm hope to head to Vicksburg Mississippi to the battle field site on private property . Waiting on my Garrett Pro pinpointer 2 and other items .. I would like to thank Monte ,, for his post others and Gregg . Guess the high end detectors are great but for now this is what I need .. Keep digging . Semper Fi

Glad your happy with the machine and I think your going to enjoy it. Easy to operate and yet great performance.
gregg

Just a quick question regarding the IDX Pro,roughly how long would a decent set of batteries last in this machine ?? have found out that i can also use my RNB battery pack from my DFX in the IDX so that should even produce a longer detecting time over the normal battery pack.

The batteries in my IDX run for 50+ hours. The RNB battery should last about twice as long with a more stable voltage and current.

ArizFlash said:
The batteries in my IDX run for 50+ hours. The RNB battery should last about twice as long with a more stable voltage and current.

Many thanks for your reply regarding how long do the batteries last,well the 1st outing with the IDX will probably be over the weekend,will be running it with the RNB pack in the machine as not only will it last so much longer but the pack is also lighter.