Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My first few weeks with my vx3

DuncanIdaho

OK i been playing with my vx3 for about 2 weeks maybe 30hrs, When im over a good target and pinpoint it seems like if its junk if the red bar is the strongest, if its clad coin the green bar is hitting the hardest and the blue bar always seems to be a few notches below the strongest, i took it out today for a quick hunt in a park close buy built in the 30's i think i pulled about 20 old school pull tabs out of the ground like the ones on old beer cans that you rip off not the new style type..

Here is some more observations i seem to never hit anything below 4 inch's this could totally be me and getting used to the machine i tried foxes c&j program but its seemed unstable to me and my conditions so i reset the program to default and seemed to run better i really do like this machine but im getting worried im going over deep coins with no beeps..

I think next time i go out im gonna bring golf tees and mark spots with my m6 and run over the same path with the vx3 and see what this tells me. It seemed that when i was running my m6 i was digging stuff deeper then with my vx3 in the same area, I know everything is not the same but just seems odd to me.

But all this probably has to do with my lack of experience and probably is :).. i love this machine and i am gonna stick with it i know it is very capable and maybe im not yet :) and any tips would be great... I live in sw washington and hunt Portland Oregon and Vancouver area can anyone tell me what they feel the soil conditions are around here?

Duncanidaho,

I had a similar problem when I had first had my vx3. I found that manual ground balance helped quite a bit.

what kind of depths do you hit now just corious i been doing manual ground balance with auto track on.. maybe i just did it in a bad spot?

I also seemed to have a problem with my v3i recently. I hunted an area carefully watching my swing and covering by 50%, got the m6 out and couldn't get up there were so many targets. Seemed like nickels were invisible even on surface. I finally reset every program and it seems to do better now. I had a 6x10 on it. Back to stock...been too cold to hunt but weather getting more cooperative now

Depending on the target I have found things down to 8". I had a signal at 10" but I dont have a pointer yet and couldnt find it. The other thing when you manually ground balance is too make sure there is no target underneath. Hope this helps.

The V series units are a lot more sensitive so it's going to sound a lot more chatty until you get used to whats it is telling you. You might also have some other things going on too like ground blalance issues or your running to hot. The Foxes programs a pretty hot for my area

DuncanIdaho said:
Just wanted to let everyone know i fixed my problem i was GB incorecctly only moving the coil about a inch...

Glad to hear it was just ground balancing.
Happy Hunting