Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

my first finds posting

oldmoney

Yesterday I had a few hours to kill, so I went to our family farm that is now owned by my great uncle and aunt. The farm was established around 1860 so I hoped to find a few treasures. I started by hunting under the clothes line that my great mother used back in the 20's and is still standing. All that I found was a dime from 1967 and a fist full of clothes pin springs that showed up as a 38 with a high tone. Then I moved on to the front yard by the driveway. I quickly realized that I needed to switch from the 11" stock coil to the 8" stealth. Soon after switching I found another modern dime, a 1910 wheat, a 1956 wheat, and a 1916 wheat. All of these were found at about 6 inches deep. then I came across a signal that looked a lot like a modern penny right near the surface and I almost didn't dig it. I am glad I did though because out popped a 1899 Indian head in fairly good condition. this is my oldest coin yet. I have only been at this for less than a year. I have only searched about 400 square feet of the yard so far. I hope to get back up there soon...its 2 hours away from me. hopefully I will have more to write about soon.

That's great! Hope to see more posts soon. It is so dry here in GA that the ground is like a brick.