Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My first great finds-to me

Johnho

I have had my AT Pro for just over a year now. Hunted mainly beaches and found a few coins but nothing spectacular. Yesterday had to go to another town and took the Pro to stop off at a boat ramp on the way home. Figured only lead sinkers, hooks, pull tabs but what heck, give it a go anyway. It's not a big ramp and is really filled in shell and dirt and compacted pretty hard. In about 10 minutes got a high signal. Tried iron audio and still good signal so dug it. Found a dime about 2 inches deep and figured from the feel of it, did have my reading glasses on, that it was Canadian. Put it in pocket. About 10 feet away got another signal. Dug it. Looked like a button off some sort so just put it in pocket. Also did find a pull tab. Started raining so had to leave. All this in about 20 minutes.

This morning I decided to see better what I had with a magnifying glass. WOW-not a Canadian dime but a Barber dime 1911D. Looked at that button. Military and odd for it to be there I figured. Searched on internet and quickly found out it was a WW I button and it had The Austin Company Providence RI on the back. I can not figure out how this stuff got there but for sure next week I am heading back to cover the ramp and parking area completely and the road going in that is about 1/2 mile long. Has to be full of all sorts of treasures and such. Well I hope so. :clapping:

Am really hooked now.

Nice finds! Love the Barbers, and the early military buttons are cool finds, too! Hope it turns out to be your new honey hole!