Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My first half cent

osgood

I havent posted in several years- meant to post this here, but started somewhere else on the forum. With my elderly 2011 camo F75 ltd (upgraded), found this in Sept, my first half cent (yes in rough shape) Found at the site of an old residence built in 1816, now slowly being restored. We can see a 4 in the position of the last number, so we are thinking 1804. The coin i have that might be older is a draped bust, whose date we cant read at all. The soil in upstate New York is rough on the old coins. Love that old Fisher , still doing great. thanks CO

I would take it date or no date.

Nice find,

Ron in WV

Nice half cent! Better than no cent!!!
Mark

Dont know why the one side has a bluish tint; couldnt see if it was face down or not when i dug as it was so caked with crud- maybe the way the moisture was leaching? The coolest thing you cant really see in this pic is the one over the 200 at the bottom of the back of the coin. Tis to say a half cent is 1/200th of a dollar. How cool is that? CO

Re-posting the pic for all to see. again any input i why the bluish tint would be appreciated, must of been the minerals in the soil. About 4 inches deep
1804 half cent  Sept 8 19 resize.jpg
CO

The shape doesn't matter to me. I'd take that any day!!

Great find. I found half of one some years back. Took a lot of work to tell what it was.

Congratulations on a very nice find!