Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

my first hammered silver coin with f75

hoarder

i found my first english hammered coin yesterday with my fisher f75

i have found over 100 with other machines over the years but the first good coin with a new machine is always a good feeling & gives you confidence in your new machine.

i decided to run my f75 hot and set it up like this:
sens 75 / disc 0 / 4 tones / de mode it was a bit noisy and i have been told to use 2 tones in future as it filters out most of the noise.

i was working freshly cut corn stubble that was at least 6 inches high and i was passing my coil above stubble as the machine was sounding off if i touched the stubble.

i got a really sweet high pitched signal,i dug down 6 inches and a lovely silver coin was sat there in the hole....overall depth from coil to coin was a good 12 inches and boy did the machine know it was there !!!!

this coin is an elizabeth 1st silver hammered sixpence dated 1592
wafer thin and size is 25mm

[attachment 63707 liz124707yealm.jpg][attachment 63708 liz224707yealm.jpg]

i also found loads of other coins,buckles,etc

i would also like to point out that i have hunted this field on and off for the last 11 years and have never found any hammered silver coins in this field with all the machines i have owned in the past.

this is my 2nd f75 as the first one was defective and to be honest it nearly put me off the machine but now i am glad i stuck with it as this machine really is the business !!!!

I'm going to germany in october and willtake the F75 with me. Last time i found some coins in the 1500 and 1700.
From what i read from the europe guys they do very well with the F75.

Andy,NM

BavariaMike was telling me he needed some kinda permit or something....but maybe your OK on privite property?
Hope you do well.....
HH,
Bill

The north has not that many limits than the southern part.
It is legal to detect, but not close to castles and stuff like that.

Beaches and privat land have never been a problem. Since detecting is not as popular in germany as here most don't even know what you are doing.

Andy,NM

hi john,
thought you had got rid of yout f75 ?

thanks for the good wishes,i have found loads of hammereds but the first with a new machine always seems to be a good feeling.

I have a friend that lives in Bavaria and hunts around Germany he will tell you differently, he posts on the Xterra forum his handle is Bavaria Mike he will answer your questions about hunting. I spent a week over there a couple of years ago and believe me the laws are stringent...Geo

http://www.ncmd.co.uk/law.htm#GERMANY

Hi m8 still have the F75, the ex11,and the cz3d ,been lucky this week,4 hammies ,2 with the f75 and 2 with the ex11,I tend to use the f75 mostly because of the lightness of the detector and the quick response,but using the swingy thing bungee, makes light work for the ex11, both are excellent detectors ,the CZ3D,I use mainly on the beach with great effect and depth wise is very good .all the best JM

hi john ,
sorry i was under the impression you had moved the f75 on.
if it`s lightweight detetectors you want have a look at this set up,on ebay uk at the moment.

all the best
mike