Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My first hunt of the new year 2008

bwireman

took out the 2500 for a test drive at Buford School in Charlottesville, VA, made a lot of hits, about 40 per hour.
first time recharging my 2500 ma batteries this year, two battery packs lastest all of about 2 hours each.
so the hunt lastest less than 4 hours on saturday, after testing to see what cells i divided the bad cells and
charged them separately.
returned on sunday, and hunted for about 3 1/2 hours, the battery still show a full charge using one battery pack.
the method i use to pinpoint is to keep reducing the swing while releasing and pressing the pinpoint, then drop the
coil onto the target.
next pull the coil back until the signal falls off, move slightly forward til max signal.
then use a screwdriver to mark the inner coil and probe the curve of the coil with another screwdriver.
about 25 percent of the time, the target is found where i have marked with the screwdriver initially.
if you cannot find the target after pinpointing, then rotate your swing 90 degrees and try again.
also if the ground is noisy, then i repeat sweeping while raising the coil to pinpoint the target.
then lower the coil to the ground for reference, and mark with the screwdriver.
oh, i was using the 12 inch imaging coil while detecting.
the attached photo shows my finds for both days, the top is for saturday and the bottom was sunday.
no coins older than 1967, but two sterling silver pieces were found and a newer one dollar coin.
bwireman

Man, no one has worked that school for a while!

Thats a great way to start the year. Looks like you are the only one hunting that location.

Have a great day.