Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My first impressions and field test in progress of the new RNB Innovations ML-2900 Lithium-Ion Explorer/E-Trac battery. UPDATED w/ pics of battery on

Hotcz70

GOOD ...because this dang thing hasn't dropped a bar lower even after 7 hours of solid hunting!:thumbup:

I think this could end up being one of the best assets to Explorer/E-Trac users in many years.

The following is a true statement and my friend Dave will verify it.

The last time we hunted I had 3 fully charged (I thought) Explorer batteries in my car as well as the AA pack...and of course the one in my SE.

Well...15 minutes into the hunt my SE crapped out with a dead battery.:rolleyes:

No problem right??...Wrong!

I went back to the car and tried all 3 batteries...and they were all at zero charge because they had been in the back of my car for weeks..:shrug:

I then turned to the AA pack to save me...but remembered I had taken 2 out to use in a flashlight at home.:confused:

I would have been screwed if Dave wouldn't have found 2 loose AA's under his truck seat...and that is the truth.

We were many miles away from any convenience or any other type of store...and I only had 1 1/2 hours to hunt...so I would have just had to go home "huntless".

I have been told that this new ML-2900 Battery Pack from RB Innovations will hold a charge for a looooooong time which would save a person from what happened to me.

I've also been told that I can expect to get between 25 to 30 hours of use before a recharge is needed.:surprised:

At this point I don't know...but I aim to find out...and I'll keep you all posted with any results as they come about.

Right now as I stated...right at 7 hours of use this weekend and it still shows full power!...so I'm more than pleased.:beers:

I'll keep everyone posted.....

UPDATED: 11/20/12:...so PLEASE VIEW MY FOLLOW UP RESPONSES IN THIS VERY THREAD.

I am very interested in finding out how they work for you. Would be something I can pick up over the winter and be ready to use when spring rolls around.

Everyone says dont worry about power..... the Explorer maintains a constant current to the coil even on low battery. Its been my experience that the Exp. does this well, BUT the lower the battery after half gone i get a little less depth. If this battery keeps the power up for that long its worth a look. Thanks for testing it Bryce.... put it thru its paces and let us know if it lives up to the hype. Drop a multi meter on it at full charge for us.... them maybe at various levels so we can compare it to the ML manual chart to see how it compares to say AAs. There are good rechargeable batteries out there now at a cheaper cost, but i really like the convenience of a battery pack. Ive had my SE since they came out and mine still holds a charge for 6 hours of hunting that i do.

Dew

Having a battery that stays at full charge will give me better "Peace of mind" that my detector is getting all the power it needs to ensure it is performing at its peak. I first started using AA's with my Etrac and I hate to say this because some here will be rolling there eyes and shaking their heads but I too felt that with a new pack of AA's I was getting better depth.

Maybe I am wrong but still that "Peace of mind" makes me want to order one of these.

Bryce thanks for the report!!

Jeff

I have noticed this too Dew and was wondering if I was the only one.
Just seems like when my battery gets to half charge or less...I don't get as deep?
Thanks for your insight.

I am really happy with it. Call it crazy but I too felt that when my batteries were getting low that my XS just didn't perform as well. I bought this new battery, charged it up and used it on Friday and Sunday for about 13 hours of hunting and the indicator hasn't budged off full. In fact, I kept looking at it expecting it to be weakening, as I figured no way this thing can be that good, but it didn't flinch. I'll give it another shot on Wednesday if the weather holds and see how that goes, but so far, I like what I have seen.

While out detecting, when you find one of those real deep targets pull the new battery out and put in one of the STD rechargables that is discharged down to 1 bar left. See if your Silver Extractor can see it:shocked:. That may put this to rest for some of us.

Just a thought.....

Thanks,

That is something I truthfully never thought of doing...and I'll give it some thought.

It will be hard to keep one of my rechargeable packs at one bar though.

When I described all 3 batteries being "no charge" when I tried them...it was a nightmare.

I put each one in...got approximately 15 to 20 seconds of threshold...then the SE just crapped out from the battery being dead.

I'll try to keep one about 50% charge to do a comparison as you described...but by the time I get a break from work to hunt...and even possibly locate a nice deep target in the 8" to 10" rrange...the dang thing might have dropped down in the "dead zone" again.:detecting:

Just bought 2 of the rb innovation batteries this week. I had some issue with my paypal account and Joe from RB innovations took the time to call paypal and fixed my issue. I would do business with this company again tgey were very helpful plus I paid no taxes my purchase. Great deal he shipped it out 30 min. after payment was made. Thanks Joe for the help can't wait to try them out.

Re: Just Ordered Mine....Check It Out!
Posted by: RNB
Date: October 14, 2012 02:48PM Registered: 1 year ago

Rolladex
Will it void the Minelab warranty?

Hello Rolladex,

We have been building Batt Packs for the Whites Machines for over 2 years and never had a problem with voiding any warranty with them..

Our Minelab Batt Packs have been tested in the field for over 18 months without fail or harm to the electronics in any of the FBS Series Detectors!

The Manual that you get with your machine will tell you not to exceed 13 volts and our ML-2900 is 12.5 volts fully charged so as long as we conform

to Minelabs Tech Specs we will not have any problems.

Our Battery Pack will not overcharge or undercharge with our Intelligent Charger that comes with the ML-2900 so you don't ever have to worry about Frying the Batt Pack....

When it's fully charged the Red LED will turn Green to let you know and the charger has automatically shut off so you don't have to keep an eye on it....

Any other Questions feel free to Call Me...

Joe 909-730-5899
RNB Innovations

NOW HERE ARE MY FINDINGS AFTER...YES AFTER I TRIED TO OVERCHARGE MY NEW BATTERY

As you can see...JOE speaks the truth and has done a SUPERB job of making sure the battery does NOT EXCEED the allowed 13 volts...because here is the pic I took AFTER purposely putting it on the charger for an EXTRA hour AFTER it was fully charged.....12.5 volts.....AWESOME:thumbup::thumbup:

THANK YOU JOE:please::thumbup:

[attachment 248618 batteryrnb.jpg]

As I stated...I'll be adding another pic later tonight if I get time...to show what my battery read on the voltmeter after a few hours of usage.:beers:

Can't do it now as I'm at work....and had to sneak to put this pic on:cool:

I think I will be considering this battery soon. It even feels a lot lighter than the stock one. Let me know how it does this weekend buddy.

29 hours and probably 30 odd minutes or so?
I do believe I'll be getting one soon buddy!

Good work on your fieldtest and review. Thanks for the updates too! I think I'll be hinting around to the wife for Christmas.

Another big bonus that I didn't see mentioned above is the loss of 4+ oz's of excess weight that I don't have to swing back and forth. (10.47 oz vs 14.72 oz)

Longer, Stronger Life, Less Weight. A couple of the reasons that I bought one.

Rich (Utah)

Sounds like a winner. Just ordered one for my E-trac. Thanks for the great review, Bryce.

The RNB ML-2900 battery, in my opinion, has been the most single outstanding improvement to the minelab detectors ! The incredible ability to retain an electrical charge for nearly a weeks worth of infield usage is absolutely amazing. Even in long-term storage this battery retains no loss of charge. I cannot be happier with the performance of this battery .:detecting: