Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My First Night Out With A Sovereign........

I know no other dog will ever replace it, but that doesn't mean you can't feel just as special about another one in a different way. That's the way I look at owning another dog again some day. It won't fill Sky's shoes, but it will have shoes to fill of it's own. Just like women all have different strengths and pros and cons, so do dogs, as does detectors I guess too.

Don't cheat yourself out of the experience of owning, or should I say being friends with, another dog some day. That dog out there is probably just as much looking for you as you are for it...

Forgot to say, if nobody chimes in with the colors/pins for that coil, then there is another way. If you have a multimeter take ohm readings with all combinations of pins you can think of. One pin on one lead of the meter and the other on the other. Write down what you see, and note if two particular combinations fluctuate for a second or two until they stabilize (this will be the pre-amp across the RX winding).

I'll do the same with one of my coils and we can compare numbers and find out which wires go to what pins on that coil. All coils for a detector have the exact same resistance readings despite shape or size, in order to work properly with that particular brand of detector. At least all coils I have checked, stock or aftermarket, big or small, for my GT have the exact same numbers within a hair of each other to be properly "tuned" to work properly with the Sovereign or Excalibur.

I had these numbers written down somewhere but only takes a second to read them so let me know on that. We can figure it out without you spending the cash to send it in, but hopefully somebody will chime in with the right color wire codes/pins for that coil to make it an easier job for you to wire a plug up to it. Many in this forum have had that coil and I'm sure replaced a few plugs on them, so I wouldn't doubt somebody will offer that info up to help you.