Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My first real hunt w/ the AT Max using 5x8 coil

88SIII

Here are the results of my first real hunt w/ the AT Max from last Sunday. approx 2 hrs. I was also using my new 5x8 coil.

Old New England farm site. Lots of relics, but no coins or buttons for me that day. Strong mid-tone on the brass shells and casings. The lower right funnel looking thing is from a watering can I think,

Often high tones on the iron relics. A high tone from a rusty can lid lead me to the pile of broken glassware

Hunted mostly in Custom w/ Descrim at 35, nothing notched out. , GB around 93, Sens. 5 out of 8

Not too sure what this brass thing is?

also .. Pretty glassware, to bad these weren't intact.

Honestly , I think any detector could have found these items as none of them are particularly small. I know my Minelab Xterra 705 would have found them too. BUT ... what I find most interesting about the AT Max with the 5x8 is that I feel like i can hear each individual nail in the ground.

That 5x8 is exceptional at target separation. I use it about 80% of the time.
Dancer

Man......you got some real nice stuff. I am curious as to what was in that rusted tin container at one time?

tarajudy said:
What a pile of junk.

Not sure what to say.. I was hoping for silver / copper coinage, but that's what turned up that visit.
It might just be me, but the spoon, the axe head, the chain and the glassware reveal a window into early american past which I kind of like. :shrug:

Don’t sweat it 88SIII, I love that kind of stuff too. There are do’ers and talkers. You’re doing and FINDING what you like. Dig on brotha :clapping:

Great hunt with some neat relics! Definitely more hiding in the ground. Just have to go slow and listen for the high tones. Naturally on iron as large as you found, they are going to respond with high tones. Crazy as this sounds, try dropping your sensitivity down to 3 but no lower. You will still get decent depth even on coin sized objects and greatly reduce the high tone "falsing" on iron. That 5"x8" is my favorite "sniping" coil.

Here are the results of my first real hunt w/ the AT Max from last Sunday. approx 2 hrs. I was also using my new 5x8 coil.

Old New England farm site. Lots of relics, but no coins or buttons for me that day. Strong mid-tone on the brass shells and casings. The lower right funnel looking thing is from a watering can I think,

Often high tones on the iron relics. A high tone from a rusty can lid lead me to the pile of broken glassware

Hunted mostly in Custom w/ Descrim at 35, nothing notched out. , GB around 93, Sens. 5 out of 8