Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My First Rolex! Didn't see it coming!

msareborn

Yep, you read that right, I found my first Rolex watch on Saturday Morning. But the catch is, it's a fake! But boy did my heart start racing when I pulled back the plug and saw the glimmer of gold at the bottom of the hole. I knew right away I had found an imitation, because there was no writing on the back, plus it wasn't heavy enough. Plus I'm told the little bubble over the date number would not be raised. Just a cheap knock off. I also found this ladies silver ring (Marked .925) with fake stones. But real gold and a nice ring is just around the corner, I'm due for a good one. Hope this story inspires you to get out and find you some!

That's a nice ring. I would have been fooled by the Rolex knock-off, at least initially, since I'm no expert on them. My gold test would have weeded it out though.

Yep, the corrosion on the lugs of the watch is a quick indicator of it being fake. To be able to get a real gold Rolex like some guy's have would be an incredible find. My heart would be fluttering too for a few seconds!!

Guess I didn't read your post close enough to see it was fake. Bummer, Mark. Still, cool finds.

It must have been exciting when it came out of the ground.
Disappointing once you saw it was fake.

Next time!

Nice finds, msareborn. I like the heart shaped stones on your ring. That might find a new home as a Valentines present? Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Thanks Blind squirrel, but none of the women folk in the house wanted it. I did fork out the moola for a gold necklace Friday night, for the little woman. The luck came through today, I'll post my recent find shortly.

Congrats on your finds - still made a good day for dirt fishing - wish you many more great fins.

Texas ED
S/E Texas Gulf Coast