Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My First Seated Half!

osgood

Folks, havent posted in a while. Today, out with a friend, got my first seated half. We were working an area of woods near an old quarry area. The quarry in the day shipped stone out to help build NYC and other cities. I was heading back to the road to call it a day, and swinging my way back, using my 2011 upgraded camo 75ltd i get this great signal jumping like 86 to 92 and back. Two inches down i hit a rock 2" thick that i had to pry up. Down another 2 inches was this beaut! I was shocked when i saw her sitting there. Seems in pretty good shape. We can only figure maybe a dozer pushed the stone up and over the coin, protecting it all these years. Funny just in the past week i noted to several diggers, seems i always get some good coin when im totally not expecting it and this find was the best of my coin hunting season. Note who ever had it started drilling a hole in the front, but must of changed their mind as it doesnt go all the way through. Busy this summer and resting my knees some so havent been out much. Thanks for looking all, Osgood

You don't get much better than that, nice trophy.

Congrats,

Ron in WV

Folks, i just realized my report on the hole was in error. Looking at the photo today i said what is that under the D on the reverse? dust? Now using a higher powered loop, i see where the drill had just poked through. I think it aint just my knees and back that are going bad. Thanks for looking, Osgood.

Osgood, that's a find of a lifetime! That coin is beautiful and looks to be in great shape. That's something you can pass on from generation to generation. I can't imagine how great that would make me feel if I found one of those.

Beautiful half dollar Osgood. Congrats!

Yeah, that is a trophy. They don't come along that often. I got mine, a 1855o, earlier this year with my 75 and I've been swinging since 1972. Very nice find! :thumbup: HH jim tn

You almost have to carry that one around in your pocket! :jump:

Congrats on a great find!

HH
Mike

Jim thanks. I know i havent posted in a while but I thought of you last night , remembering all the stuff you would find "in the woods" , which amazed me, and which is where i found mine, Osgood

I have been slacking off on the posting a good bit myself. Kind of looking forward, in fact, to start some woods hunting again. Fall is just around the corner. Once again, great find you had. Go get another one! HH jim tn

Sweet find. That coin is on my list.

"Seems in good shape" is an understatement. It's a beauty. Congrats.

Awesome...just awesome!

Congratulations osgood. A very rare find indeed.

My avatar is an 1858 half found with the Coinstrike.

Tom

Congrats, awesome find Curt! I found mine a few years ago detecting with my father, I'll never forget it!

HH,
Brian