Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My First trial run with the new Impact I received this week

BigTony

First off, no brag here just a happy old guy in a crazy hobby.
I read through the manual late on Monday night because we got home at 7pm and we had to unpack first.
So I knew enough to go coin shooting and that was my plan. I had a luncheon engagement I couldn't cancel.
So after lunch I went to a park near that restaurant. At one time it was a golf course with some Jersey history to the place. There was a skirmish with British solders during the Revolution.
The machine perform well in that I was able to retrieve several coins and I did dig some junkers to see what the numbers are telling me.
This park is now a Green Acres park just walking paths, some ball playing but not organized. The sand and water traps were filled in and I am now certain that the golf course put in new dirt before the
beautiful grass that they put down. So, it was very clean and not many targets buy hey you can always find coins, right?

Oh, I still need to figure out several things, like selecting the right mode, tone breaks and ground balance (I never enjoyed doing that on other machines I had in the past).

Best of luck to all in 2018

When first learning the Impact, just hunt in factory preset modes and just adjust Iron volume and maybe sensitivity to suit the site. And or maybe switch frequency now and then.
Better to get to know the Impact in one mode for half a day before jumping to another. Don't confuse yourself by adjusting settings back and forth.
After a few months you'll be settling in on your fav modes and setting adjustments, until then just have fun with it...............don't get too serious right off the bat.
Let the detector do all the work, don't force it, it will tell you when something good is under the coil and worth digging. Great detector!!! Really had fun using the Impact last year.

I had a couple of steps in my favor as I had been using the Nokta FORS CoRe, then the Racer 2 and Relic for 1-2 2years before the introduction of the Impact, and had a 'Test' Impact to learn. With my knowledge of Tone Break and other features on the CoRe, Racer 2 and Relic, it was easier for me to adapt to the Impact's different search modes and adjustment features so I was able to configure the settings I wanted in just a short few days of use.

You will get to know the Impact for your area and how it handles the ground content where you generally hunt, and I am sure you'll have some basic settings made fairly soon. I am going to send you my Impact settings and you can see how they work and maybe give you some ideas of what you want to consider for your search needs.

Monte

Monte, you are correct, it will take some usage to get to know this machine.
I’ll stop watching videos of folks making cool recoveries amongst junk. That stuff jest makes you wish you could too.

I’ll go slower and listen for the sweet sounds for now.

Thanks in advance for taking time out of your schedule to send me that info.

Tony

BigTony said:
I’ll go slower and listen for the sweet sounds for now.

Tony

That's it! I grew up with Musketeers, Sovereigns, and the odd Tesoro so audio was all we had!
That is one thing I love about the Makro/Nokta units, they sound great. A lot of nuance in the audio, so you can listen and not have to stare at the screen all the time.

I just glance at a display as an 'alert' or for added possible info but make my dig/no-dig decisions based on the audio response.