Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My first Walking Lady today - Tesoro Outlaw..

pinenut

Decided to run my Outlaw today with the 11x8 Widescan.. I normally do trashier spots where I prefer the 5.75 or 8" donut, but wanted to try out the 11x8 in a 5-pin. Got that coil with my Outlaw (instead of the bigger 12x10), and hadn't tried it 'till today. Got away from from where all the people go now, but still nearby the area where I'd found a couple rings recently. Not nearly as trashy where I was today, and I set up the Outlaw for max depth in all-metal... Finally found the older coins which I figured had to be there.

My first "Walker", a couple of Rosies and a wheat cent. Also a '40 Jefferson (not cleaned off yet), some modern clad, trash, etc.
I think I found a good use for that 11x8 coil..

Congrats on that half, as well as the silver dimes. That is one heck of a silver day.

Ron in WV

Thanks, guys. The half was only about 5-6" down, the dimes and wheat down maybe 7-8". Some of the clad was actually on the surface; just picked it up. I knew there had to be a few older coins there; that area has been in use for at least 75 years (old sledding area).

pinenut said:
I think I found a good use for that 11x8 coil..

Indeed you did! Nice silvers, and congrats. to you, for your first Walker.

Awesome finds!

n/t

Some nice finds,just a quick question what is special about a 1943 Standing liberty coin ?? are they rare or something,they are not all that old so i am assuming it must be a rare coin or date.

Mega said:
Some nice finds,just a quick question what is special about a 1943 Standing liberty coin ?? are they rare or something,they are not all that old so i am assuming it must be a rare coin or date.

They're damned pretty, and a nice chunk of silver..that's all. :razz:

every time I see a thread that starts with a walker I just see this

walkindead.jpg

nice score though either way....

AJ

I'd be happy to knock of one of these zombies every day, but this is the first one I've killed.

Yes Big Silver is always special regardless of date.
I haven't found a Half of any kind in about 4 Years.
They are so Big usaully found first. So not many left.

Those old coins are absolutely beautiful... congratulations on a great day of digging. Very nice.

Great job