Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My First Walking Liberty Half Dollar

amcoins44

I don't usually post finds, but this was a nice one for me. I had driven to the town where I grew up to visit my mom for her 97th birthday. She is well cared for in a memory care facility there. Of course I took my F75 to hit some of the spots I knew from growing up I went to a giant soccer complex first and sniped some dimes and quarters. At the rate I was digging, a day there would just about fill my gas tank. Then I went to one of the oldest parks in town where I used to play little league baseball. In the back of the park is a quiet area that is the memorial area to the town veterans. I know that soil has essentially never been disturbed.

After 15 minutes of just pull tabs, I got an 88-89 signal. I had to dig that. The ground is like concrete, but at about 6 or 7 inches I found a 1943-D walking liberty half. My first of that coin. Seemed like an especially great find in my home town and on a trip to see mom for her birthday. Pretty darn nice.

Attachments

• walking liberty b.jpg
    walking liberty b.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 119
  • walking liberty c.jpg
    walking liberty c.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 174
  • walking liberty d.jpg
    walking liberty d.jpg
    425.8 KB · Views: 127
Big silver is always special. I guarantee that this coin will be etched in your memory. It has been awhile since I found one. Last month I dug one from a spot where I had not found a silver coin in a year or so. Makes you wonder why how a big coin can be missed. Great find and the next time you visit, hit it again.

Last May I dug a 43D on the University campus in an area it really should not have been. Then a week later up comes a 58 Canadian Silver Dollar! I will never ever forget those two finds, ever. Relish the moment

Great coin...great find!

I don't usually post finds, but this was a nice one for me. I had driven to the town where I grew up to visit my mom for her 97th birthday. She is well cared for in a memory care facility there. Of course I took my F75 to hit some of the spots I knew from growing up I went to a giant soccer complex first and sniped some dimes and quarters. At the rate I was digging, a day there would just about fill my gas tank. Then I went to one of the oldest parks in town where I used to play little league baseball. In the back of the park is a quiet area that is the memorial area to the town veterans. I know that soil has essentially never been disturbed.

After 15 minutes of just pull tabs, I got an 88-89 signal. I had to dig that. The ground is like concrete, but at about 6 or 7 inches I found a 1943-D walking liberty half. My first of that coin. Seemed like an especially great find in my home town and on a trip to see mom for her birthday. Pretty darn nice.

Congrats on that big beautiful WLH! Don’t they look huge when you first see it in the dirt?

I've never pulled a silver that big out of the ground. So, yes, it looked huge to me. Definitely had me smiling out loud even if I was all by myself. Great memory on that find.

Awesome find. I'm jealous. Half dollars are super rare here.