Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My first water gold ?

upnorth

This water hunting is fun after all, who knew !, lol. My first water hunt with the AT Pro and new scoop gave me two rings, the next hunt, one ring, now my third hunt may have given me possible gold. This time I ran the iron disc up to 40 and shut off iron audio, I believe. I don't know, I'm wasted, lol. I went 4.5 hours non stop. The descrim shut me down on quarters but that's no big deal. I went in up to my man boobs this time and found more one and two dollar coins in the deeper spots. And.................... I found half a chain hanging out of the scoop and I stopped dead with my jaw literally hanging open in surprise ! Do you think that I got my first water gold today ?

Beautiful chain, upnorth. I knew if you gave water hunting a chance, you would like it. It's easier to hunt in fresh water than on land for me, but I haven't tried the ocean yet. Any marks on it?

That looks pretty gosh darn golden to me! :clapping: It appears well made and the color is right...

The Pro will NOT miss a decent sized gold chain...lots of other rigs cant see them at all...Any marks on it?
Mud

Thanks guys. I haven't had much time to check my finds thoroughly yet. I did a quick eyeball of the chain and saw no marks, but one end is broken off I believe. I'll give it a better look when I can. I crawled out of the lake and draped it over the coil and got a 48.

Finding gold rings is good, but nothing gets my attention like a gold chain. I've only found two but remember the details of each find.