Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My First Water Hunts - Woo Hoo!

ajaj

I've been vacationing this week at Lake Mattawa, MA at my Mother-In-Law's camp. Last weekend I found the long lost platinum ring for a friend of the family...

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?79,1933079

Here are a couple of shots of other things I've found. Got the bracelet in 5 1/2 feet of water. Saw the name on the sterling silver bracelet and did a little online research to find the former owner. Well, I just got off the telephone with him...he's 85 years old and lives in South Carolina. He lost this bracelet in 1946 while swimming in the lake! I have his address and will mail it to him on Monday. I am also going to submit the story to Garrett. Wow, what a week. Also pictured is a 1948 quarter, 1963-D dime, a few wheats, a lead boat (Monopoly game?), and a bunch of clad. All were found in 2 - 5.5 feet of water using a mask/snorkel and the AT Pro. It was tough digging/swooshing; very rocky and each item was a hard effort. Boy, water hunting is fun.

aj

Very Nice!

Really nice finds and a great story upon tracking the gentleman down. Terrific effort and my hats off to you.:thumbup:HH jim tn

Geeze - I can just hear him: "I just got off the phone with a guy who wants to return the ID bracelet I lost 67 years ago, when I was 18, heh!"
Well done, AJ!

Nice finds, honesty does pay, often in ways one doesn't understand. congratulations

Great post!
You touched me, I have moisture in the eyes, it really is a great story! My God! after so many years ... I would like to see the face of the owner ....
Thanks for sharing

Great story. I used to fish lake mattawa all the time and was recently thinking about trying my luck metal detecting there. Looks like you beat me to it.

JamieR said:
Great story. I used to fish lake mattawa all the time and was recently thinking about trying my luck metal detecting there. Looks like you beat me to it.

My Mother-In-Law's camp is on Camp Road right near "Blueberry Island". Its been in the family since the late 50s and about 2.5 hours from my home in Albany, N.Y. I tried the small public beach on the opposite shore but only got a little clad.

aj