Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

my first year at my new hobby with my awesome at pro

tomosgood

well first thanks for all your great post. I learned so much from reading your forums. My first year at metal detecting was awesome. I went with the at pro with the help from all of you. Did not get my first silver till 03/04/2012 it was only 1960 rosie but I was hooked. I ended up after learning in pro pro mode digging most of my holes at first till I started to listen to the awesome sound it made on a good target.will get better at sending pics when I get all the bugs worked out. OK my totals. I ended with 5875 coins 2720 p 280 n 1615 dimes 1250 q 3 half dollars and 5 dollar coins. 121 wheat backs 3 Indian p 2 buffalo n 48 silver coins 1 Canada n 1 seated liberty dime 3 barber dimes 21 merc dimes 18 Roosevelt dimes 1 barber q 2 wash q 1 Canada q.also got 8- 9.25 silver rings and 3 9.25 pendents no gold but maybe next year.

Man, you killed it for a newbie! :clapping: Listen, thats a VERY nice mix of finds..a great:surprised: clad count, but a really decent old silver tally too! It only gets better, but man, you really got good FAST! What are your settings? And give us some details about your hunting style, parks, private yards, what? Its all very much fun for us to read about and your first year experiences will be helpful to new hunters too! Nice Work!
Mud

For the first 3 months with the at pro kept it in standard coins mode. got tired on the same tone on coins 2" deep or 6" deep. after listening to all the great fines every one was getting in pro mode . unless the area is real trashy I always hunt in pro mode iron audio on sensitivity all the way up no disc and after I ground bal I will back that number down about 6 points.most of my hunts have been parks some schools a few old home sites.

Thats alot of coins right there! Good stuff mate........ever thought about opening your own bank? :lol:
Cheers!

Very impressive indeed,makes my 1st year finds pale by comparsion. I did find 4 gold rings,8 sterling rings,a gold i.d bracelet and approx 10-15 gold and silver earrings. Congrats and better luck this New Year.

Very nice. I added up your clad total and it came to $521.70. You just about paid for your AT Pro right there. Nice finds on the other types of coins too.

[size=large]it's gotta be location, location, location. you've done better than alot of folks right off the bat. my three year total is still very shu of your one year total. some have gone years before finding their first silver. congrats very mucho grande.

HH[/size]

If I didn't know better I'd say you were using a 9mm with that AT PRO,,, :clapping: Just kidding Congratulation,,,,,

I use a rock tumbler with a little bit of ammonia some dish soap and some bars keepers friend and run for about 4 hours.

Tom, Hey Cool, same last name. How'd you find time to reap all that in? Probably need a wheel barrow to move it about. Congratulations on kickin but your first year out- Id be afraid to hear what your goals are for 2013! Think about how long it takes just to clear over 2000 pennies one at a time off a table, let alone getting down to dig them out of the ground. Way to go on old stuff too. Good Hunts, CO

Very very nice year, getting my AT Pro on Monday, first new detector in 21 years, no way I'm coming close to your haul.Congrats. Artie

Thats a heck of a good first year . .. congrats !!

That's a bunch of coins! Glad you're doing your part to stimulate the economy, heh. Nice silver totals, too!