Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Fisher 1280X, back in my hands tonight,!!:thumbup::fisher:

warthog

2 weeks ago today, I sent my Fisher 1280X water detector back to Fisher for an overhaul, I bought it back when they were still 'lifetime warranty'. It has found some GREAT goodies over the 12+ years or so I have owned it, but she was 'showing her age'....I got her back today, this is what was done: Replacement of the entire control housing, along with the entire insides, control knobs, and faceplate. Battery door, gasket, and battery holder....Refurbished the hard wired headphones, a brand new 8 inch coil and hardwired cable, plastic mount bolt, wingnut and tension washers for the coil mount, control housing mount, and last but not least, a new armrest, just the stems/rods are original. Cost me a $25.00 service charge, and I paid the insured shipping there. Basically, it was the same as putting a brand new detector together, because it IS new.......BEST PART is the 'LIFETIME WARRANTY' IS STILL IN EFFECT!!!Wow, talk about honoring 'lifetime warranty', A BIIIIG YAAHOO AND THANKS TO FISHER!!!:fisher::usaflag::thumbup::cool:

Current fishers no longer offer a lifetime warranty – with their warranty service is still excellent.

Just the rods are still original? Wow.
That sound a lot like jacking up the gas cap, and sliding a new car underneath... :)

Awesome service. :thumbup:

My 1280x is starting to get a little long in the tooth as well.
Perhaps I should think of doing the same thing.

Thanks for letting us know they still honor the original owner's lifetime warranty from the 'old days'.
:)
mike