Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Fisher 1280x mod...

Patrick(MI)

Well my 1280x was acting a little goofy so I decided to open it up and see what was wrong. Found the main capacitor was bad and replaced it. Then I thought since I'm inside I'm gonna make a couple of changes. LOL As you can see I made it so I can disconnect both the headphones and the search coil. I can change coils easily if I come across an 8" but mostly I did it because it makes it easier to put everything away and carry in my bag.
The connectors I used are just waterproof led light strip connectors. I searched and searched for something better but the only ones I could find that I really liked were $25/ea. NOT. So I looked at these carefully and they are sealed well and tighten to an "O" ring. So I'm gonna give em a whirl. I only do shallow water hunting so they should suffice.
I took lots of pics of the circuit board inside before I put it all back together so if I have a problem I can fix it.

Nice. Now amp up the sen and tone potetiomiters and your running on the super sensitive size of the spectrum and will pick up the gold rings you've missed and smaller jewelry. :thumbup:

That is a great tip thank you.

How do you open up the box to get to the board......my detector just keeps beeping when it's turned on... not sure what's wrong with it

Under the foam strips where the battery compartment is you will find 4 screws. remove them and use a small thin screwdriver or even a butter knife to give a little pry on the front half of the sealed control end of the unit. itll slide apart.