Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My G2 finds are starting to show up.

cometguy

I have told a lot of folks that I was off to a slow start with my G2. Not a lot of hunt time and a tendency to pick up my LTD has kept my finds down on my G2. My biggest find was the loaded hand gun that I found for the local police. Now that I can get into some of the fields I finally can try the G2 in the areas that I thought it would shine. I am hunting old house sites in farm fields. The houses may be long gone but the debris field is huge. I have been hunting with the discriminate at about 40 and gain at 100. The cool drawer pull with the red glass was my first recovery from the midst of the iron. It was a good eight inches deep and surrounded by iron signals. I was surprised by the ugly nickel. It was deep and I honestly expected it to be a shotgun brass. The nickel was an 1899. The Indian head was a 1905. The biggest surprise was the 1916 s wheat. It cleaned up amazingly. I like the G2 because it lets me check out the iron signals and I can dig the larger and more interesting ones. This cool hatchet head is the second one I have pulled this year. So far I am calling the G2 a winner. I have one more great test coming up with a yard full of coal, cinders, and clinkers. This place made my LTD howl and I want to give the G2 a shot at finding some goodies hiding out.

Don
HH

outrageous stuff!..believe this detector is one 'serious" trash picker!..what's really "caught" my attention is that you can run it wide open,and quiet as a mouse,while getting
outrageous separation in iron!..outstanding!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

I find myself using the smaller coil and hunting all over the past places (I'm finding coin I had missed and others that are on there side). It's been taking me about five full day's to hunt or re-hunt old house site's. Clue for the tot-lots a kids ear ring (the ones from wal mart and k mart) the sterling sliver type will come up 50-54 VDI. Key charms come in at 65-74 VDI for Georgia a least. Now in the trash (well different story) I have found very pull tab and foil piece there but every wheat penny there has come up too. I even went, in a 5 x 5 area and dug up (in all metal) all the iron and re- hunted. I got nothing not even a peep.

The coal cinders might pose a problem in all metal mode. I was just out the in a old mining area and there had been a fire there. I was unhappy to find out that the areas where cinders were hit like very small nuggets. Hot rocks are easily identified but the cinders were troublesome. In disc mode they were silent so if I were relic hunting or coin shooting they would not be a problem. I was impressed that some of the small shot I was finding would also hit in disc mode. I put the GB head to head with a gold master 4b and it held its own. The owner of the GM was just learning his machine but I have a GM3 and it appeared he was setting it right. His words on a small 1/4 gram nugget were (wow I think that thing gets it better). The volume on both was close but the lower tone on the GB seemed easier to hear.
When I first got it I had ask some local dealers what they thought about it and one had stated he thought it was a gimmick considering they already had a 71Khz machine and now their putting out a 19 for gold he said it wouldn't work well. Looks like Ft had something up their sleeve because it performs very well on small nuggets. I think we have a great machine for micro jewelry hunting here guys.
HH