Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Garrett ACE APEX Found A Hoard Of Old Medallions Today And A Gold Ring. It just doesn't get any better then this!

John-Edmonton

Staff member

Hit the jackpot today on the North Saskatchewan River . The river has really been shallow recently, so I spent the afternoon metal detecting in the water. I found a hoard of old medallions, scattered throughout an area. Some were as deep as 10 inches. It was a struggle to retrieve them, especially in the current, but a lot of trial and error got me 13 so far. I know there is more out there. And, to add to this excitement, I also dug up a man's wedding band.

Here's some of the medallions, and the gold ring, valued at $105.69 CAD, at todays spot gold price.

Here's the remaining medallions. It's a real puzzle trying to figure out how they got there? There is a University near by, and judging by some of those medallions, there must be some connection. I am going to contact the university and see if they might have some insight to these? Were they stolen and dumped? Did they accidently fall out of a capsized boat? Someone out there knows about these. Any guesses out there on their age?

Here's last weeks flour gold haul. I will probably shut down my highbanking activities, as it is getting cold, and we have already had some snow.

Good hit on the gold and medallions, John. Quite puzzling on the medallions, but kind of a neat puzzle. HH jim tn

Looking at the uniforms depicted I would say they are 40s and earlier. Don't ya just love a mystery?