Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My Goal

fishercz20

Started detecting MAY 8th this year and for fun just wanted to see how much clad I could find. A few hours here and there and as of today I have found $365.00 in clad. Some silver and cheap rings also. This is my 38th year of detecting. Started when I was sixteen.

Long time in the detecting hobby for you.
Good clad count.

Good going! I've often wondered just what the grand cash total of finds would be if all the forum members added it up. Bet it would be up there. Maybe John should start a poll.

I am very goal oriented so naturally that spilled over into detecting. I remember my first year when I was sitting at an outside cafe next to a friend's wife. She was very interested in my new hobby, the only one at the table who was, fwtw. She asked what I hoped to get out of the hobby and I thought for a moment and answered, I'd like to find enough loot to pay my living expenses for a month. Rent, phone, electricity, cable, food, everything. Three months later I hit the figure. Next year I thought to myself maybe I'll try to pay 2 months living expenses. Made it with ease. The following year 3 months. Made it. Barely. I haven't been looking at that goal recently. This year I might have a months worth in the bank. I do not spend MD swag on living expenses, though. I only buy things like new detectors, and gold coins, and firearms (just got a new shotgun!!!!!) Things I'll have for a long time. I was at the trap range two weeks ago and got to show off my new purchase and tell how I had basically paid for it one coin at a time. I spend my loot pretty freely these days and still have over six grand in the bank. I think I'd like to buy a vehicle with it some day. I have time to save. My car (truck was lost in an accident in August) has only 46,000 miles.

Great job this year! $1,000.00 isn't all that far away. Bet you could make it by this time in 2012.

Chris

I scrap my gold rings and such and put that in the bank too. I do not scrap or sell silver coins and jewelry found in the field. I just weighed my box full of silver jewelry and it weighs almost 2,000 grams. Maybe I should think about it!

Yearly cash coin count up to $386 while hunting during a small snow storm with my Ace250. Im guessing maybe a week or two left before the year of detecting comes to an end here in Minnesota.