Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My last hunt today for the 2013 season yields Silver and Gold.

MikeO

Staff member
Cabin fever had pretty much set in due to the recent winter snows and cold weather and since today was suppose to be in the mid 40s my buddy and I decided to get out for a while.
The temps are suppose to get down into the teens and twenties so, I knew today would be the last hunt for 2013.

We decided to hit a older school house but, we had been told it had been hunted before. We figured we would look around and see if the missed anything and I am glad we did.
My first dig was a 19 wheatie so, that in itself was a good sign. Then came a nickel area hit which turned out to be a dainty little gold ring. If was a pleasant surprise to say the least (pictured).
Even though the ground was softer in the open areas it was like chiseling concrete right near this big old tree (pictured)

We did not have much more luck other then my two keepers so, we decided to head to place we know always gives up something.

One thing about this area is you cannot run your sensitivity above 14 manual and expect to find anything. The ground is heavily mineralized and there is plenty of EMI to go along with it.
I decided to hit a little area that gave up some Indians the last time we where there. My first dig happened to be a nice bouncy higher right. Upon opening and flipping the plug I could see I had a silver dime as its edge (pictured) was sticking straight out. Nothing prettier in my eyes then silver on edge in a plug. As you can tell by the plug my Lesche almost hit the edge of the dime.

My buddy came over and I opened it up and out popped a Rosie. I was hoping for a Merc or Barber but, silver is silver.
My next decent hit was a low hit which surprised me. I was thinking Buffalo but, upon searching with the X-1 I pulled a wartime Jeff (pictured).

My buddy did pretty good himself and found some neat novelty pieces as well.

It was a nice day and a nice way to end a great year of detecting.
The last picture is my four keeper items (pictured) for the day minus the junk (which there was plenty of).

Thanks for looking.

Nice finds for the day! Whats the ring?

Good deal....and glad you got out today! I also fired up the E today for the first time in awhile. Weather warmed up to 36 degrees and yesterday I'd noticed where a backhoe had dug a small narrow trench on a lot I have permission to hunt so today I headed into town to hunt the only unfroze dirt in town...lol Only found 3 copper pennies and some ornate old item (?) but it was nice to actually hear the E sing it's song... Best hit I had sound wise was in the frozen and after chipping away down 4-5" with a blunt screwdriver and pounding with a hatchet I had to give up on the target......lol

Good to see a few people getting out for a hunt - congrats on the finds ! :clapping:

Nice finds to cap off the season. I also tried my hand at getting out yesterday because of the nice weather. The fields for the most part were frozen so I hit the outskirts the woods. I found one field partially unfrozen on my way out so I hit it for a bit, but it yielded very little. Again it's awesome you were able to produce two colors congratulations! George