Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My latest US belt buckle

ksdigger

I dug this buckle a few weeks back, it was a very small camp that occupied one to two men and clearly an overnight spot. I can only guess as to why there is a bullet hole in the upper left corner of the plate. The soldier was not camped far enough away from the fort to be in hostile Indian territory so he wasn't shot by the Indians. I can only guess that he used his buckle for target practice using a .22 or 32 cal. pistol. It also is a possibility that the soldier was a deserter. Unfortunately it was a common practice once a soldier was given first payment, they would steal a horse and leave. I would love to get back to this spot but not until after hunting season is over.
Thanks for looking!
[attachment 250173 P1030038.JPG]

[attachment 250174 P1030039.JPG]

[attachment 250175 P1030041.JPG]

[attachment 250176 P1030044.JPG]

Would like to see a picutre of the back side of that plate. Nice find. :thumbup: cch

Nice fnds but how do you know that only one or two men camped there.

The iron inside the camp tells you a lot about what took place there. It will tell whether horses, mules or oxen were taken along. It will indicate how many campfires were inside the camp (this one had one) and it will tell you roughly how many soldiers or civilians were in camp based on button finds or lack there of. This is what I have always been intrigued when I locate a camp, it literally tells a story and this is why I love to do it.