Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My lucky day (horseshoes)

cadman_us

Well, I think I'm going to buy some lottery tickets. I am bound to get some good luck out of this find. Hunting in a pasture where I have found pre Okla. statehood (Indian Territory) dated stuff. The signals were strange enough that I had to dig them...lol

Ended up with 9 1/2 horseshoes and a railroad stake, all any where from 4" to 8" deep in a 6' to 8' area.

Those areas can be the most rewarding to detect. You never know what someone has dropped 200 years ago, and the Spanish could have been there 400 years ago. I hope you find something awesome, your certainly on the trail.

burlbark said:
Those areas can be the most rewarding to detect. You never know what someone has dropped 200 years ago, and the Spanish could have been there 400 years ago. I hope you find something awesome, your certainly on the trail.

You are right, you never know what you will find or the story behind what you find....lol

When I first started hunting this pasture, I found a 1868 shield nickel and a old clothing flat iron with the handle rusted off in the general area. There is so much iron in the ground in this area that I haven't hunted it very much, lots of cast iron pieces from stoves, pots and skillets.
I am going to have to slow down and see if the Deus can work its magic.