Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My M6 is seeing Dollars signs

ky hunter

Went to a local school and found the $ sign ring that is silver along with the 14K gold filled ring and a cheap cross.I was hunting the bleacher section of the football field digging every signal trying to find my first class ring,this is alot of digging but with all the trash I did not want to miss anything.I went to a park the next day and found the one dollar coins dated 2000 not real deep but hiding under some bottle caps almost on top the ground.I found them by a picnic table that I have previously hunted before but missed because of the caps and was only able to get them because of the masking posts and the clean a 4x4 area to see what your not finding post that I have read lately. (Thanks for the Info) HH BOB

Was this a High School?
Wouldn't expect to find this at an elementry school, but you never know.
How long have you had that M6 now and how would you discribe the experience of useing it, like in a review?
WHat are your likes and dislikes.

RR

Hey Robert
Thanks for viewing and I hope your hunting is going well.It was a high school built in the sixties.I have had the M6 since feb and have only been detecting since December.I can not compare it to others but I really like this machine and have learned alot from using it.The tones are great for different types of hunting and the vid numbers are a must for a beginner and a veteran in MHO.The machine preforms great and is well built,also balanced good.It may be a bit heavy but I would not want to sacrifice weight for quality if it was an issue.I have not dug anything real deep yet but am still learning the machine and the art of detecting.Whites makes a great detector and I am sure the other company's do to. Some day I would like to try other machines just to compare but for now I am having fun and finding alot of stuff.Good luck this year Robert and HH BOB

Hey Ky and Roy, I use the M6 and I feel it is probably the best MD on the market for the money. It has the same engine as the MXT it just lacks the prospecting and relic modes, but it will sure enough find relics. I haven't been prospecting but it will lock onto real small gold studs. Its kinda neat in that it will give a real strong signal for 16 and 18 K but a much weaker signal for 10 and 14 K, and size really isn't an issue. I run it with 0 disc (when at all possible) and I run the sensitivity as high as possible. I go all the way up and if she is stable I leave her there, if not I back off till she is smoothed out. No way IMHO is there a better coin machine. In good soil conditions she will consistently find coins at 8-10 inches. The M6 also does great at the beach. The beach mode setting keep her balanced in both wet and dry sand. In the surf I have found that I need to back off the sensitivity. Sensitivity too high and she will tell me she is overloading. Just my thoughts on a great machine. Ya'll keep your diggers in the dirt, Littletwig

PS for those real trashy areas you might want to get a 4x6 DD coil. This littlle critter is just great a separating targets in heavy reash areas and its small size lets you get closer to objects like playground equipment.

Hey Littletwig
Hows it going? was wondering what mode you use,7 tone ,single tone and do you use auto tracking or do you lock it.The deeper coins do they lock or are they very iffy.Does it bounce around on the ID with iron , coin or what signals do you get. Would appreciate any help. I really like the M6 and enjoy using it. Thanks HH BOB

Hi Ky Hunter, I use the 7tone with the disc set as low as possible, hopefully at 0 . I turn the sensitivity as high as I can get it and still keep her stable. I also use the 6x10 DD coil as my primary coil. I don't use the stock 950 coil anymore. The 6x10 gives me alot better target separation so that I can run less desc and higher sensitivity. The deep coins give a fainter signal and will usually lock in the target ID but bounce alittle on the VDI. I find a lot of the weak signals that read dime and bounce around on the VDI are dimes standing on end. If I get a repeatable faint signal in the coin range and the VDI and target ID are bouncing around I'll dig that target. Hope this info helps. Littletwig