Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My maiden voyage with my new F75....

Sanddigger

Oh my, I certainly need to re read the manual and go out with another F75 detectorist. Questions...

#1. I swing with my right arm. My side occasionally hit the on/off button, turned it up, turned it down and once turned it completely off. Any suggestions?

#2. Do most of you users hunt in Discrimination? I was playing around back and forth between all metal and that was noisy.

Any suggestions would be certainly welcomed!

Thanks.

[attachment 209012 IMG_0012Medium.JPG]

On your first topic I would try to use either molefoam padding or closed cell foam that they use in the armrests on the detectors,if you cut strips to bring the elevation on the strips higher than the on /off switch it will prevent your body from turning the switch. Your second topic, I use the discrimination mode but I prefer to hear some iron so that I know that I am finding the area that I am looking for . Sometimes the iron objects will help you date a site. I have my machine since Feb 2011 so I am also learning the F75 SE and waiting for the crops to come off. There are a lot of people on this forum site that have a lot more experience and can answer your questions Good Luck Ezra

De mode, desc 15, 2 f tones, Sens as high as I can run without to much chatter.

Here is some usefull info!

http://www.bigboyshobbies.net/fisher-f75-and-f75-ltd-interesting-info/

DE mode, Disc. set on 5 or lower, sensitivity as high as possible without falling. GB using fast-grab. Then I switch to manual, I set my machine 2 or 3 numbers higher in manual, then the fast grab setting. Get a big shovel.....

Maybe a nice fitting rubber "O" ring under the on-off volume control would keep it in place better as well, just another idea...HH, Woodstock

The battery cover knob hole keeps it pretty tight around the control.