Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My mom is a natural

I got to spend the day with my mom and after visiting friends and family we decided to hit one of my detecting spots because she was interested in finding some treasure. I have hit the spot several times with various other detectors. I'd given her the lighter Fisher F-22 and put it in coin mode to make it easier. Wouldn't you know out of the first hole she digs a 278 year old coin. I couldn't believe it since I've never found anything there older than the 1920s :) needless to say I still have a grin on my face. 

Thanks a bunch and she thanks you too she had a blast and she's excited as can be

Congratulations to your mom! Beautiful coin!! I have a very good feeling she is HOOKED! :detecting:

I am sure of it :) she definitely has a knack for it I know I swept my coil over that same spot of ground at one time or another but she had the power to actually find something

I hear you there Doc! ;-)

Very cool nice find Mom!

Thanks Mkus! She is proud as can be :)

I notice by the pic. that someone else has a smile on their face too....and with good reason. She had just found a real piece of History, and she has a great Son that took her hunting, and probably got her Hooked on one great hobby. Congrat's to both Mother and Son. Well Done.

A mother detecting with her son, love it! Tell your mom congratulations on a great find and on having a great son to boot! :beers:

Thanks guys it is a blessing to spend time together!

Congratulations to your Mom on her first significant find! You might end up giving her that F-22? My Mom had good luck finding things too. One time she was walking her dog in a school yard in Kenmore NY and EYEBALLED a 1916-D Walking Liberty Half! I asked her if she wanted me to get her a metal detector and she said that she didn't need one hahahah. Best of luck to you AND your Mom and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Thanks so much blind squirrel she's sitting right here and I'll tell her that and she went out today and found her first silver it was awesome. Thanks a bunch as well digger.