Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My MXT E series lost its VDI

david bull

I put my old MXT E series away when I upgraded to the MXT All Pro.I broke it out yesterday for the first time this year and while it still worked my vdi readings were reading way too low.Nickels read as foil,quarters as nickels and nothing read any higher.The signals are still there in coin/jewelry and in relic modes,it doesn't appear to have lost any depth,and the pinpoint depth readings seem to be correct.Switching coils or battery packs didn't help.After using White's detectors for 40 years(my first was a 5db)this will be the first one that I've had to send in.It left for Sweet Home this morning.I hope their service is as good as I've always heard it was!

My MXT did the same thing so I put new batteries in and It ID better

I wish.I tried different packs.A .54 Minnie rings up as a button,A silver dollar rings in as a nickel.This was a backup,so I'm not doing without.

Did changing the batteries help? Also have you tried leaving the MXT on and then taking the battery pack out for a few seconds? Keep us posted on how things went.

Quite a few years back, my old MXT had to be sent in and get re-calibrated.

I tried another battery pack and even did the hard shutdown by removing the batteries with the detector on.Being a relic hunter,I mostly use the hi/low tones and dig anything remotely a high tone(or non-ferrous),David

There is a pot for vdi adjustment cant remember which one on the board, I had to trim my sons mxt, google search you should be able to find the pic of its location,,,,,CEDAR

White's received my MXT last Wednesday(3/15/201:geek: and called today(3/22/201:geek: with the repair report.New board,some new switches,so basically they ran a new one under it.Repairs were reasonable enough for a fifteen year old detector.Time to wait for USPS to get it home!