Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My New Addition!

I got a big coil and an extra s-rod and will be doing some serious testing over the summer for XP. Looking forward to seeing exactly what the benefits/downfalls of the large coil will show to be. I will also start making videos once I get a hang of the big coil and will be sharing all the info with you all. Can't wait! Stay tuned and HH -Marc

Hey Marc - I look forward to your tests. The guys over in the UK say it does work well at 4kHz and is slightly deeper than the stock. They are using it as a cleaner to moderate iron pasture coil. I think it could be a great park coil for most US parks.
Am curious to see if that can be a nice deeper silver coil.

Take note - It makes the Deus a bit front heavy but I saw that a guy made an extension of sorts that takes the balance point to the center of the coil (as the mount is off center) - Forget where I saw that but he said it helped and there was no physical mod to the coil, just a plastic track of sorts that screws on between the coil mount and rod mount to bring it back to the center. If you didn't understand that, maybe when you see the coil, you will know what I mean.

Good luck,
Albert

Look at the post by JBM dated April 10, 2012 02:07PM named "Large coil adapter" for info about the adapter for the large coil. I sent an e-mail to the designer/maker of the adapter and he said that he pretty busy with his engineering business, but he hoped to be making a new batch of adapters in the near future.

Here is his reply to my e-mail.

Hi Steven

I will be making the coil adapters in the very near future and will let you know as soon as they are ready. I run my own CNC engineering company and made the prototypes a few weeks ago when I wasn't busy, since then my workload has quadrupled and my priority lies there but I will do a batch and you will get one I promise . I sent one of the prototypes to one of your countrymen and he was impressed enough to ask me to supply him in bulk !

Regards Mick
MSK ENGINEERING LTD

Hello Marc,
What is the item in the weather resistant box that is in the pictures? I am thinking that it is a camera of some kind?
Gary

sopg1155 said:
Hello Marc,
What is the item in the weather resistant box that is in the pictures? I am thinking that it is a camera of some kind?

go pro
n also they are some of the cleanest xp,s i have ever seen lol Gary

What is your You Tube channel so I can subscribe?

ananda said:
sopg1155 said:
Hello Marc,

go pro
n also they are some of the cleanest xp,s i have ever seen lol Gary
LOL a clean detector means an empty pouch of great finds :nono: HH

Marc - who did you get your extra S rod from and how much did it set you back? I applaud your clean equipment, I'm the same way. As soon as I get home, I wipe all of my equipment down. Is your camera mounted to the S rod or am I seeing things?

Hi Steve, Yes I mounted the camera on the s-rod as I plan to start filming hunts soon. The extra s-rod is about $260 and you can order it from Richard at backwoods or from metaldetector.com or from other dealers I believe. This will allow me to best test the two coils side by side with just the click of a button. No fiddling with coils.

As for cleanliness, I wash, clean, wipe, dry and spray protect my machines after every single hunt. I assure you these detectors will still look like this in 2 years. I take pride in keeping my stuff well maintained. Thanks for noticing.

my youtube channel will be set up soon when once I get some video and get it edited. I will share the name of it as soon as I get videos prepared.

I will keep you all updated on my findings. HH -Marc

That's a pretty slick rig w the camera! Looking forward to your videos.

Hello Marc was wondering what you use to spray on the detector after cleaning to keep it looking so good? Thanks and just curious. Just got my XP this week and would like to keep it in the shape you have. Thanks

Hi Fishnnut, I wipe down with a rag with WD-40 after every rinse. This also prevents further dirt from clinging to the detectors as wd-40 coats for an easy wash. If you have seen any of the detectors I have sold or traded on the forum you will see that the WD-40 works as my machines look brand new after years of use. Keeping equipment like new isn't everyones deal, but it is worth it to me and a simple wash off, drying with a rag and then a light coat of WD-40 rubbed on with a rag will keep your machines looking like new for a very long time. Hope this helps. HH -Marc

Thanks Marc I'll have to do the same. Have been reading the manual since getting my Deus this mid week and my brain is a little overloaded to say the least......:help:
Have not had the XP out yet but it makes my AT Pro seem like a kids toy. LOL hope after a few times out it won't seem so confusing. Had my AT down pat but just wanted to upgrade and feel like I have to learn how to walk all over again......anyway thanks and HH

Your more than welcome fishnnut. If you have any question about the Deus, please feel free to contact me anytime. I am by no means an expert at this point but I do have a rather good understanding of the Deus. Now if only I could figure out a solid solution to my crown cap problem then I would be happy. I'm sure I will figure it out but right now I am still digging tons of them. Let us know how it goes when you get around to taking the Deus out. I am sure you will like it. HH -Marc

Thanks Marc and will do. I am sure I will have more questions being a newbee to this unit. Sure is nice and lite I know that will be great... Take care

Don