Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My new AT-PRO has arrived :thumbup:

sasquache

Any advice would be helpful from friends. sasquache

The first thing you should do is send it to me for a thorough testing. I'll have it back to you in a year or 2. :cheers:

John

:rofl::nono: oh man orion i wish i could but i think im gonna like this one :smoke:

Well it was worth a try. From everything I've seen you'll enjoy it. A buddy of mine picked one up and really likes it. Happy Hunting and post pics.

John

I dont have any technical advice for you. U have probably been detecting way longer than Me. But I love the Pro mode Zero setting, Iron discrimination really helps in the dumps I hunt at. My best advise for U is this> Bring some food for energy on your hunt and maybe a small shovel . It will be a few hundred hours more with the ATpro before I feel comfortable about giving good advise. Me personally , I need to do what the owners manual says and record my finds,(what depth, what Tid, soft signal, loud signal, type of metal, ) But no I just fly out the door with my detector and go hunting.

Just go out and hunt for several hours in standard mode then switch to pro mode. The machine is simple to use. Just don't forget to read your manual. If you run into any problems, just ask!

I wuld try standard coin mde with iron disc up all the way. Just see the suprising finds. Good machine! I like it.

Yeah start out in Standard Mode for awhile until you get the feel of it. Standard is like using the 250 or 350 and will find a world of goodies.

Bill

It is a killer on gold and small to micro size jewelery.Extremely easy to use and get good results first time out.Great for rainy days and shallow water hunts.Does not give you the wonderful flutey high tones of deep silver but at less than $600.00 it is an amazing machine.
Mine will go crazy if you shake the crap out of it but runs nice and quiet when used normally scrubbing the ground and swinging quite fast.

I think it will complement most all of the high end machines out their today and hold it's own with most machines costing a good bit more.
If we ever get rid of over a foot of snow I will be getting out with mine for some more gold and small jewelery:detecting:

I got to play around with one last night and would concur with your conclusions Ray. The AT may not be an Explorer or E-Trac, but it sure is an impressive little unit in it's own right.
Mick Evans.

John-Edmonton and Uncle Willy sure know this detector... They are both great resources along with several other folks on the forum. I'am almost there with you pal!
GOOD LUCK AND HAVE A BLAST~!!!:drool:

I think the more one plays around with it and the more they learn the better they will like it. It's not a tector one can get used to or famliarize themselves with in a short period of time. It has a longer "getting used to" curve than many machines.

Bill

Use the pro mode when you hunt in older sites, I use standard mode if the place was made after 1965 unless it is a water spot where gold jewerly might be