Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

MY NEW DELTA 4000

nomad

the cold weather is here.can some one tell do i need to be concerned with below freezing temps?will it hurt the detector display at all.should i limit its use below a certain temp?i'd like to get some use of it before the ground freezes here.in some of my past detector manuals they suggested putting the detector outside to adjust to the temprature before being used.i would appreciate any feedback thanks-

I have left mine in my suv all year long.
I don't think its a good thing though.
I saw some condensation under the display the other day.

The Omega manual says OPERATING TEMP RANGE: 14 to122 degrees F. I've used the Omega in the high 20's and F 75 as low as in the teens with no problems. Check your manual under UNIT SPECIFICATIONS, to be sure, but I suspect it would be the same for both models. Put your long johns on and get out there.:) HH jim tn

When the wind picks up and you have to deal with the windchill factor that can add to the problems. Usually, my detector(s) spend most of their time on the back seat of my rig. I have a light-weight, white. blanket or covering that I place over the control housing sections. That way they don't get any direct sun which can cause them to heat up or have condensation form. That's never an issue.

We had a cold snap push through here for only a few days (NW Oregon) and I got out for a little playground hunting when it was 16

n/t