Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My new MXT accessory

Dustyroundup

Ha !
I did it!
I was always thinking of building pack boxes for my MXT.
But I broke down and bought a pair of "Hard Sided , Bear proof panniers"
They are on the way here.
All I have to do is pad the insides, and I should be good to go.

I'm thinkin, High Country lakes, catch some trout, cook them over an open fire ( along with some coffee) and then detect where people have been fishin and camping throughout the years.
Places where you either walk or ride a horse.
Places where these dang 4 wheelers dont go. (I do own one myself , but, you know what I mean)

Dang , I am so excited, Ive been pondering detectors and horses alot, as when I'm detecting , I feel I'm not using my horses.
Now , I can put the two together, and not feel guilty.

I'll try and get some pics to show how I get it figured out.

Its gonna be a great summer

Good Luck to you all
Dusty

I'll bring the coffee and lemon! Dusty, talk about making me envious. How can it get any better? Maybe a wedge of lemon with the fish? :happy: :clap: HH, Nancy

I got so wrapped up in the moment thinking about the outing that I forgot to congratulate you on your new equipment purchase. Congrats and HH, Nancy

Good idea and I've spent some time thinking along those lines. My horse likes to roll a lot, especially when I'm hiking and he's following and we do that a lot. But if I leave the saddle on with maybe the spare detector, yes, I can see where those panniers would help [my saddle has really taken a beating]. Could you give us a lead on those panniers? And don't be surprised if you run into us out there.
James

sure James, as long as it doesnt break a rule, I got them from" Outfitters Supply " in Columbia Falls, MT.
I have a Decker pack saddle , so I got 4 hooks , so I can just hook the boxes on easily.
I just kept thinking, if I built out of wood , if they sideswiped a tree , the box would break.
But, BEAR PROOF? Thats about as strong as you can get I'm thinking.
My ex boss/outfitter used to have a pair , that we used for glass lanterns and fragile stuff like eggs, and never had a problem.

And Nancy, A little foil, and some lemon pepper is all I need.
But , I'm buried in snow, still , down here in the valley, so I'm thinking it will be July/ August before the High country gets melted off enough.
So dont be too envious.
Every 4th of July, I try to drive the family over a certain ridge, after the parade at the lake. and every 4th, theres still too much snow up top to make it across with a 4 x 4 Dodge,
I dont even think chains would get me through the drifts up there.

But , at least once , we will do it this year.

Dusty

[size=large]if you can't make it with a dodge , use a ford. :rofl:

horse, truck, four wheeler. it's still people. don't be surprized if you still run into junk. i figure most out-fitters know better and insure the places are left clean but there'll be others. they've found garbage at the artic circle. to some no place is sacred. hope you do well and have a real swell time.there's also the saying,"cover your azz with paper". thats a prospecting machine and some zealous ranger may think your prospecting. make sure you got the proper paperwork. even though it's coin you're after.

HH[/size]

Howdy widebody,

Ive had a few good fords in my time, LOL

As far as the Forest Service goes, I have permission to detect , for gold , ie prospecting, as I bug the head geologist at the H.Q.'ers all the time .
And I keep his name and number on me all the time, so if a greenhorn ranger tries to give me a hard time, I can tell him exactly who told me I could.
And if he or she wants to drive to within cell range , and call the guy, we can.
We arent allowed to do anything except haul dirt home , to work for gold.he said, but I can detect.
Theyre reasons are for endangered and or Native species, of plants and fish. I was told , I cant dig posthole size holes for saphirres, until they come out and inspect and mark each hole, on account of endangered plant species.
So , with that in mind, I do see in the future, if they wanted they could stop all digging , under the same reasoning.

The DNRC has told me that I can detect on state ground, but coins over 50 years are considered artifacts,

For state and Nat'l forest, we have to have a Recreational use permit, it costs $20.00 for the whole family. It is for everything except hunting and or fishing.
That includes detecting, rockhounding, heck, even for the birdwatchers.

Its a pain ,
But what are ya going to do?

Good Luck
Dusty