Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My new Sand Shark bagged a ring in the first hour! :tesoro:

SpiritRelic

I packed up my new shark and got on the city bus with my bicycle hooked to the front of the bus early this morning.I get within five miles of the beach,so i head in with the shark on my back peddling.I get to the beach pier shelter,assemble the shark (real easy)with the control box under the back arm.Set detector tone,set detector to normal,pulse with a little past preset and i start scanning the shore line close to the water.The shark is smooth,very stable for a pi detector.So i start finding lots of fish hooks and a few bottle caps.Then i hit the black crusted ring,a chick on the beach said it is not a ring.Ok i have been huntin for a hour and bam!The ring!.Within one hour of me cutting this machine on for the first time!

I was eating dinner, just checked the forum, and had to stop to say CONGRATULATIONS! Just don't get discouraged when you have hunts that go many hours and no rings turn up.

I've gotten some silver rings that were black crud encrusted, but mostly junk ones that have some iron content. Clean that ugly one up and see what you have.

Great test ride with the Sand Shark!
Cheers,
tvr

Thats just awesome, your hooked for life now..LOL Glad your Sand Shark was so generous to you.......Can't wait to see more of your future finds...

For all your hard work explaining the Sand Shark and hunting techniques.And all else that helps.I only had a hand scoop.And my pinpointer is broke.So i got a good idea of the upgrades i need.I would be better off with the relic shovel until i get a big scoop.Watch out!relic shovel on the beach!.I took right to the Sand Shark.I knew right what to do when i saw the controls.The Shark kept a steady threshold the whole time.Some targets were so small i simply had to give up and walk away.Take a look at this micro mini ear ring i also found!,can you believe this!I am hooked on pi detecting thanks to Tesoro and the Sand Shark! :crazy:

Good work! There will be days when you only find junk and no gold, but not today!

You might want to consider a short handled shovel. Works great in the wet sand.

A tiny target like the one above will only slip the holes in a sand scoop.

Did you have to grab a handful of sand and wave it over the coil to find that little earring stud? Those small ones are hard to find. Finding it also means you are not sweeping the coil too fast or you would miss it with the detector. Too fast will miss the smaller targets and deep targets.

I think you are going to do very well!

Again, congratulations on the ring!
tvr

No Guts no glory , spirit. you have guts to ride the city buss and then your bike, like that , you diserve that ring and I hope you find many more,

Nice going!!! Finding something nice right off the bat takes the pressure off.

tabman

:clapping:Congad.on the ring.looks like you have a nice beach to hunt I think you are going to find a lot more rings and goodes,you may need to change your user name to SpirtRingfinder.:rofl: