Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

My "new" White's 6000 SL Pro(and 6000 Di Pro)

Dirt Poor

An elderly couple that has been almost like "second parents" used to metal detect. They were kinda responsible for getting me into the hobby 30+ years ago. They are now in extremely poor health, and the man will probably never leave his bed again(living). It has been sad to see this happen, but their son asked me if I wanted to buy their 2 metal detectors, as they could use the money and would never need these machines again. Well, the centimental value of these machines means alot to me, so I bought them both today. The older 6000 was stored in a hard case with silicone packets to absorb moisture, and that seems to have caused more damage. Visible corrosion and rust, and this machine has never been around salt(neither one). It looked great when stored. It powers-up, but falses terribly. I may send it in. The SL Pro is in fantastic condition, and the lady used this one very little after buying it new. It is stable, but when you tap the coil(even lightly), it falses, regardless of how snug the cable is to the shaft. I don't know if it may need a coil, or if there may be a "simple fix". It was working fine back "when". I started out hunting with these older White's, and like them.

The prob you described-- it's usually the coil. Both run at 6.59 khz and the coils may be interchangeable, check with whites to be sure. Both are great machines.

b

You lucked out on two nice classics.
You may want to send them in to Whites to get them checked.

Hi Dirtpoor Go to Radio Shack and buy a contact spray cleaner called "DeOxit" Not Tuner Spray. Treat the Coil Cable contacts and when still applied wet insert the coil to the box several times to re-establish good ground/contact point for the pins. It may just be oxidized on the pins. With "DeOxit" less is best.......don't apply excessively.

Good Luck

Bill

You might also hook up a different 6.59 coil to localize the illness.

Good Machines!

DR

I had the same problem with m Di Pro. I took it in and the guy at the shop just wiped the screen with something, I can't remember what, and it was fine. Turns out that static had built up and was causing the needle to go all over the place.

Congrats on buying these two machines. i use to have a 6000 di myself and just loved it. someday id like to pick up the 5900 also. something about the analogs that i like. as far as the 6000 falsing i had the same issue. took it to dealer. he inspected inside and found a loose solder connection. good luck:whites:

Thanks for the posts! I sent the blue 6000 in and got it fixed. It didn't need much. Some internal cleaning and a new battery box, and it works great. I did buy a 10" coil for it off fee-bay, and I added an arm cup to that one. Works good. My favorite one is the SL, though.

That's two GREAT machines! I found over 30,000 coins with my 6000 & really miss it!! Brings back a lot of memories!! Prayers go out to your second parents!